Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im an a level student paning on applying for a foundation in physics
    at the moment im studying physics maths chemistry and media
    and i think ill probably get Es and Ds and im wondering if ill be able to get into a physics foundation course the unis i want to apply for are sussex, birmingham, york, surrey do u think they'll accept me?

ReputationRep:
    check on their website it will usually state the entry requirements for the foundation degree courses most entry requirements for foundation courses are pretty low

if you cnt find it on their website, then i suggest you send their admissions office an email

ReputationRep:
    Sussex want CC for physics foundation. Loughborough want 200 points with C in maths or physics. NTU want a lower offer then that.

Es and Ds will make it very difficult to get into university I'm afraid. You're probably right to do a foundation course first but if your choices minimum requirements are higher than that, then I have to say it's unlikely they'll accept you as those are four very competitive universities.

ReputationRep:
    l also think you have to consider whether it's worth the money, you may be better off with an apprenticeship... or maybe I'm talking balderdash.

Anyway, I would check their prospecti and websites to check what grades they're looking for.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why not try get better grades and then apply for uni without having to do foundation course? It will be quicker since you wouldn't want to spend too long at uni because of the fees rise.

ReputationRep:
    why not just try harder to get better grades? I don't see why you would study a degree in something which you're already appear to be struggling to do. A foundation year probably won't be any easier than A levels surely?

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be very tough to get a foundation year with D's and E's. I know a few years ago foundation years were generally 160 points but i think most universities have upped those to around the 200 mark now.
    If you don't get sufficient enough grades you could do an Access to higher education course in Science, it will only take a year and providing you get a full set of distinctions you could be Russel Group bound the year after.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.