Turn on thread page Beta

First Single/Album you ever bought? watch

ReputationRep:
    The first album I bought was Sophie Ellis Bextor - Read My Lips. It was all I listened to for about a year. I bought my first single a couple of years later when '5 Colours in Her Hair' by McFly came out.

ReputationRep:
    Busted - Busted. At the Trafford Centre when I was 8.

I still remembering staring at the CD case in awe in the car park my music taste has changed a lot since then, though.

ReputationRep:
    Trivium - Ember to Inferno. My musical taste is a bit more varied now but I still like that album.

ReputationRep:
    The first singles I bought were the usual one-hit wonders of the time. As for albums, I remember having and listening to Voulez-Vous and Arrival by ABBA, though I'm sure I never actually bought them. Two albums I do remember buying and quite enjoying were Music by Madonna, and Come on Over by Shania Twain.

I remember liking Music just for her version of American Pie, and the video for Don't Tell Me (I was enthralled with the male dancers...when I had no concept of homosexuality, presumably...).

Listening again, I actually still quite like the song (and the dancers ). But I've never liked Madonna per se.

They were from 1998/9 and 2000, so I was 10 ish.

After that I moved onto Hanson, then what I considered to be my discovery of proper 'rock' at the time: My Chemical Romance. I didn't used to like Muse- after hearing my brother play their stuff a lot- but eventually did. I lost interest in MCR after their 2nd album. Then I discovered Radiohead- one of my favourite bands. (Muse have been **** now since 2005, FYI. Very disappointing).
    I absolutely love Simon and Garfunkel at the minute, and am finally learning to appreciate Yes (my dad's favourite band- he's been telling me how great they are for years).

Does that answer your question OK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Suppose you could have added just a little more detail :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummers)
    Suppose you could have added just a little more detail :rolleyes:
    ...what?

ReputationRep:
    Either the spice girls, steps or B'witched cant remeber exactly, I was about 7 or 8

Now I listen to a wide range of stuff, Muse, Snow Patrol, New Town Kings, Laura Marling to name a few

ReputationRep:
    Gorillaz self tilted album. I have no idea why, guess i really liked the fact that they were cartoons.
    And Clint Eastwood was a tune for me even at that age.

ReputationRep:
    NWA - Straight outta Compton. Cracking album

ReputationRep:
    I think the first album I got was James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

First single I bought was a Girls Aloud one... the video when there were in a hair dressers or something along those lines :rolleyes: Edit: found it, Girls Aloud - The Show

ReputationRep:
    Single: U2 - Vertigo MP3 for my 1st Gen iPod (How cool am I :/ )

Album: U2 - Joshua Tree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    Daft Punk - Discovery when I was in Year 9.
    Perfect choice!

Chemical Brothers - Leave Home

ReputationRep:
    it was Rihannas' first album ... and since then i turned to indie which i think is much better ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahT94)
    it was Rihannas' first album ... and since then i turned to indie which i think is much better ..

Much better:cool:

ReputationRep:
    My first album was 'Elephunk - Black Eyed Peas'

ReputationRep:
    keane- hopes and fears i think

ReputationRep:
    The first single I got was S Club 7 - Never had a dream come true

I can't really remember what the first album was I think it was the Spice Girls or Blue

ReputationRep:
    It was Feeder's Echo Park. Still listen to it even to this day. Great album.

ReputationRep:
    Gorillaz - monkey in the jungle

ReputationRep:
    Imperio - Cyberdream (1996)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.