Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I gave in my CRB Enhanced Check today to my old school that I'm going to volunteer at

Just wondering what would show up and what would prevent me from passing it?

The only involvement I've ever had with police was a few months ago when someone accused me of assault, I went into the station under a voluntary interview situation (no arrest) and the officer was satisfied that I acted in self defence and the case was written off

How would this affect me passing the CRB? Keep in mind there was no arrest, conviction, caution, warning etc, just a voluntary interview to clear up an accusation of assault

So I understand this would show up as it's an enhanced check, but considering no charges were made and the case was thrown out, would it affect me passing the CRB? It involves no drugs or children etc.

For the record I answered No to 'do you have any convictions etc' because I don't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewolf88)
    Hi

I gave in my CRB Enhanced Check today to my old school that I'm going to volunteer at

Just wondering what would show up and what would prevent me from passing it?

The only involvement I've ever had with police was a few months ago when someone accused me of assault, I went into the station under a voluntary interview situation (no arrest) and the officer was satisfied that I acted in self defence and the case was written off

How would this affect me passing the CRB? Keep in mind there was no arrest, conviction, caution, warning etc, just a voluntary interview to clear up an accusation of assault

So I understand this would show up as it's an enhanced check, but considering no charges were made and the case was thrown out, would it affect me passing the CRB? It involves no drugs or children etc.

For the record I answered No to 'do you have any convictions etc' because I don't
    There is no pass/fail on a CRB check, the information comes back with a list of everything on it. In this case, since you were not arrested or convicted, I do not believe anything will be on the CRB check and it will come back as clear, if there is something it will state something along the lines of been interviewed, but not conviced or charged - I don't know exactly. You might wish to explain that this happened, but it should not affect your chances of getting the job.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the quick reply and good news - it's standard worrying I suppose, bit like where you take an exam and ace it but worry about the mistakes you might have made rather than all the questions you breezed

It should be fine, I just read an article about the flaws of the enhanced check and just hope that this has no effect considering a police sargeant was happy to write the case off straight after my voluntary interview

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.