Turn on thread page Beta

what does 'vajazzling' mean? watch

ReputationRep:
    ive heard this word coming into modern usage quite alot. i even saw it on a poster for 'the only way is essex' and 'dancing on ice'.

it seems to be an amalgamation of the words dazzling, jazz, bejewelled, dancing, vino. so i guess at first glance it refers to a night on the town, drinking, dancing and partying, or refers to someone who enjoys this

but it sounds kind of rude. in what context is it appropriate to use this word, and where did it originate?

ReputationRep:
    Jennifer Love Hewitt wrote a book released in March 2010, called The Day I Shot Cupid, in which she writes of her experiences with love and dating. While talking about the book during a January 2010 interview on Lopez Tonight, she said that there is a chapter in it about "vajazzling" her "vajayjay" (decorating her vulva with Swarovski crystals). She said it looked "cute", revealed that she was currently vajazzled with "hot pink" crystals and recommended to all women that they also "vajazzle their vajayjays". This became a big internet hit with the video going viral, widespread news coverage and the term "vajazzling" becoming one of the most searched terms on Google the next day.

Good ol' Wikipedia

ReputationRep:
    Vajazzling is basically when you *** on a girl's face following a hand-job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antoastew)
    Jennifer Love Hewitt wrote a book released in March 2010, called The Day I Shot Cupid, in which she writes of her experiences with love and dating. While talking about the book during a January 2010 interview on Lopez Tonight, she said that there is a chapter in it about "vajazzling" her "vajayjay" (decorating her vulva with Swarovski crystals). She said it looked "cute", revealed that she was currently vajazzled with "hot pink" crystals and recommended to all women that they also "vajazzle their vajayjays". This became a big internet hit with the video going viral, widespread news coverage and the term "vajazzling" becoming one of the most searched terms on Google the next day.

Good ol' Wikipedia

so like in ordinary conversational context, how wold you use the word and what does it mean? it it like the phrase 'paint the town red' ie go on the pull and party alot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    so like in ordinary conversational context, how wold you use the word and what does it mean? it it like the phrase 'paint the town red' ie go on the pull and party alot?
    Well the word means the act of using decoration, its a verb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antoastew)
    Well the word means the act of using decoration, its a verb.
    you mean like "I'm going to the washrooms to vajazzle myself before a night on the razzle" or "my car is so dirty, it needs a good clean and vajazzling" "she spends ages vajazzling in the bathroom before she goes anywhere" " your bling is too vajazzling for daytime wear"??? has anyone used this word ever?

ReputationRep:
    you mean like "I'm going to the washrooms to vajazzle myself before a night on the razzle" or "my car is so dirty, it needs a good clean and vajazzling" "she spends ages vajazzling in the bathroom before she goes anywhere" " your bling is too vajazzling for daytime wear"??? has anyone used this word ever?
    Haha yeah spot on, and nobody I know uses the word in a serious way. I don't think I could use the word without it being in a joke.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it meant something similar to 'clam-jamming' :s

Ah well,

ReputationRep:
    ive heard this word coming into modern usage quite alot. i even saw it on a poster for 'the only way is essex' and 'dancing on ice'.

it seems to be an amalgamation of the words dazzling, jazz, bejewelled, dancing, vino. so i guess at first glance it refers to a night on the town, drinking, dancing and partying, or refers to someone who enjoys this

but it sounds kind of rude. in what context is it appropriate to use this word, and where did it originate?
    let me google that for you. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vajazzling

ReputationRep:
    Its pimping out the lady area so as to attract people who are distracted by shiny objects or to attract the unwanted attentions of magpies.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.