Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice Needed - Should I go to House Party with her...? watch

Ive been in a LDR with my girlfriend for just over a month....although ive known her for about 6 months.... Ive planned on meeting her tomorrow and because in the time it takes to get up there and back, and the issues with train times and such, shes asked her mum whether I could stay the night... which we thought would be no problem, seeing as Ive already done this twice with her... We have the chance to see each other maybe once a month... sometimes two if were lucky...

Problem arrises when her and her mum have a fall out... meaning her mumdoesnt let me stay over for the night... Shes aksed me whether I want to go to a house party at one of her friends to stay the night... But im not sure what her mum would think of me if I did... Her mum really likes me, and its more of a punishment on my girlfriends side rather than mine... I really want to go, but am worried of what her mum would say if she found out...

Should I go up there and go to the house party with her, chancing that if her mum finds out, she could fall out, and stop me from sleeping over again?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room.....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive been in a LDR with my girlfriend for just over a month....although ive known her for about 6 months.... Ive planned on meeting her tomorrow and because in the time it takes to get up there and back, and the issues with train times and such, shes asked her mum whether I could stay the night... which we thought would be no problem, seeing as Ive already done this twice with her... We have the chance to see each other maybe once a month... sometimes two if were lucky...

Problem arrises when her and her mum have a fall out... meaning her mumdoesnt let me stay over for the night... Shes aksed me whether I want to go to a house party at one of her friends to stay the night... But im not sure what her mum would think of me if I did... Her mum really likes me, and its more of a punishment on my girlfriends side rather than mine... I really want to go, but am worried of what her mum would say if she found out...

Should I go up there and go to the house party with her, chancing that if her mum finds out, she could fall out, and stop me from sleeping over again?
    You sound like a dull ****. Are you sleepign with her mum? If not, then you shouldn't give a **** what she thinks.

ReputationRep:
    Well who do you value more, your girlfriend, or your girlfriends mum?

I can't see how her mum could reasonably hold any grudge towards you for wanting to see your girlfriend and sleeping somewhere else anyway.

ReputationRep:
    So her mum is letting her stay out at a party but not have you round? Strange kind of punishment... Just go!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.