Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    English is by far the most widely spoken language in the world, let along Europe, so it is of course the sensible choice.
    Actually, Chinese and Spanish are more widely spoken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Actually, Chinese and Spanish are more widely spoken.
    naw, english is the most WIDELY spoken, but chinese and spanish are spoken by more people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    naw, english is the most WIDELY spoken, but chinese and spanish are spoken by more people.
    Well, I suppose that's true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Yeh, and look at the economic millstones around France and Germany's necks.
    A cheaper pair of Levis would make it all worth while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Yeh, and look at the economic millstones around France and Germany's necks.
    apparently Tek, you have not encountered reciprocating economic growth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    A cheaper pair of Levis would make it all worth while.
    That's very short-sighted.

ReputationRep:
    That's very short-sighted.
    Well maybe it would be bad, well it probably would be. I don't care so much what happens, I just want cheap jeans without having to go on a site which doesn't use our currency.

If we did have it, I'd be angry if we had to have the same pictured coins as the rest of the countries. Although I suspect we wouldn't be allowed to change it.

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe it would be bad, well it probably would be. I don't care so much what happens, I just want cheap jeans without having to go on a site which doesn't use our currency.

If we did have it, I'd be angry if we had to have the same pictured coins as the rest of the countries. Although I suspect we wouldn't be allowed to change it.
    I think they would bring some English themed coins on the reverse of the Euro coins if you know what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I think they would bring some English themed coins on the reverse of the Euro coins if you know what I mean.
    That'd be fine I heard that that were not possible...

ReputationRep:

The decision isn't based on whether we wnat coins with diferent pictures on or French jeans, it is an important economic and political decision.

ReputationRep:
    So a mars bar would cost me about 50 cents (is that correct?)! Oh look I've just realised our keyboards would be messed up!

ReputationRep:
    The decision isn't based on whether we wnat coins with diferent pictures on or French jeans, it is an important economic and political decision.
    To the people in the know, yes. When they hold a reforendom, mr average in the street will be more concerned about the small factors like the coins, hence getting more votes for us to join.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I know that really! French jeans and pretty coins is just a bonus...

ReputationRep:
    To the people in the know, yes. When they hold a reforendom, mr average in the street will be more concerned about the small factors like the coins, hence getting more votes for us to join.
    Yes I'm miss average.

I do really care, I just say things for an argument/attention (ADH).

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm miss average.

I do really care, I just say things for an argument/attention (ADH).
    I'm sure your not miss average. There is nothing wrong with winding up LH.

ReputationRep:
    Which is why the government is shy about having a referendum because it is, though they would never say it, a too important decision to let the people decide.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure your not miss average. There is nothing wrong with winding up LH.
    Thank you . I'll carry on

ReputationRep:
    Which is why the government is shy about having a referendum because it is, though they would never say it, a too important decision to let the people decide.
    There wouldn't be so many workers needed at the currency exchange because less people would need their money changing.

- Lose jobs, bad for the economy. Just think of the devastating affects.

ReputationRep:
    There wouldn't be so many workers needed at the currency exchange because less people would need their money changing.

- Lose jobs, bad for the economy. Just think of the devastating affects.
    lol, when some1 put this exact thing forward as a negative effect of joining the single currency in economics, my teacher burst out laughing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    lol, when some1 put this exact thing forward as a negative effect of joining the single currency in economics, my teacher burst out laughing.
    Haha, I know it wouldn't really have any affect.

My good ideas are thought by others...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.