Turn on thread page Beta

BMI/ dress size please girlies watch

ReputationRep:
    I was size 14, now im 6-8

Everything is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razzmatazz rach)
    Mine is 24 (high end of normal)
    I am dress size 12 - 14. Usually 12 in tops, 14 in jeans and 12 or 14 in dresses depending on the style.
    This was in April, at one point between April and September I went to a size 14 - 16 and now my BMI is 21.78 and I am
    10 in tops
    12 in jeans
    10 or 12 in dresses.

ReputationRep:
    21.9, size 10/12

ReputationRep:
    BMI 26, size 12 on top and 12-14 on bottom :-). Oh and I'm 5'9".

ReputationRep:
    BMI is just under 22. Dress size 12. I'm 6'.

ReputationRep:
    BMI: 18.5
    Size: 8/10 (depending on the shop)

ReputationRep:
    BMI doesn't correlate directly with dress size. Surely you will know when you have reached that dress size, by... fitting clothes that size? OR, you could base your weight loss on a goal of healthy weight, which would probably make a lot more sense.

My BMI is 15.5-16 ish, and dress size 6, sometimes 8.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5"9, clothes size 12.
    BMI? I think it was around 21/22, however I don't take too much notice of it, purely cause it isn't actually an accurate representation of how healthy you are weight wise, you can have someone who looks slimmer than another person of the same height, but they have a higher BMI, due to a higher muscle mass or a wider or heavier bone structure. Mega fit people like atheltes or sporting stars often have a high BMI, but they're not overweight. Body fat % on the other hand if measured properly by someone who knows how to accurately etc is alot better, as it measures you're actual levels of body fat rather than on you weight and height.

ReputationRep:
    im a size 8
    my bmi is 21.8
    and im 5"0

My Bmi is 19.7, I'm 5'11" and a size 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Why do girls put so much emphasis on clothes sizings?
    Even as a guy I know they are complete BS, and vary hugely depending on style and the shop etc etc.
    This. Some shops I'm a 10 and others a 14.

ReputationRep:
    BMI - 22 I believe, though I don't really take much notice of it
    Clothes size - 12
    I'm 5ft 9

ReputationRep:
    BMI 37, dress size 18. 5'9. Was a competitive swimmer so I still have a lot of muscle, before my medication caused me to gain all of this ******* weight.

ReputationRep:
    My Bmi is 19.1, I am 5ft 4", and my dress size is 8

ReputationRep:
    BMI: 17
    Dress Size: 6-8
    & I'm 5'4

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is 22 and my dress size is 10.

Although I'm 5ft 10

ReputationRep:
    BMI doesn't matter! if you are worried about your health then it's your waist to hip ratio that does. im 5'2, and dress size 4-8(usually a 6 but often a 6 is too big and rarely an 8)bmi 20, but all my weight goes on my waist and i have really small hips and arse , so i actually need to lose some weight .to have a good hip to waist ratio i need to lose 4 inches off my waist which i dont even think is possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/hi...to_waist.shtml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lipglossandblack)
    BMI doesn't matter! if you are worried about your health then it's your waist to hip ratio that does. im 5'2, and dress size 4-8(usually a 6 but often a 6 is too big and rarely an 8)bmi 20, but all my weight goes on my waist and i have really small hips and arse , so i actually need to lose some weight .to have a good hip to waist ratio i need to lose 4 inches off my waist which i dont even think is possible

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/hi...to_waist.shtml
    Ohh I just checked mine out - 0.75

I wasn't sure but this has put my mind at ease a little

ReputationRep:
    BMI 23
    Chest- size 16
    Waist -size 10
    Hips- size 10

Usually take a 10 bottom and 10/12 top (stretchy tops, rather have a pronounced chest rather than no waist) and dress size 12 (stretchy again)
    I swear my boobs push my BMI up loads xD

ReputationRep:
    BMI 23.1 and dress size 12/14
    And I'm 5 foot 9, if that helps.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.