Turn on thread page Beta

BMI/ dress size please girlies watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a BMI of about 29. I'm a size 16- 18 and want to be about a 14 (possibly lower but don't think that's gonna happen lol).

I was wondering what my BMI would have to be for me to be that size, so thought I would ask you guys for a little comparison. I know everyone is different but it could be interesting.

Here's a good BMI calculator: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bm...ator/bmi.shtml

So all I really want to know is your BMI and UK dress size.
    BMI isn't really helpful, neither is dress size. I think mines somewhere between 18-19 (it was 18.5 last time I checked so I'm just giving an estimate) and I'm an 8-10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Your BMI will not always necessarily correlate with your dress size as it is dependant on your height so it's not a great measurement.

In any case, my BMI is about 22 and I'm a dress size 10.
    Exactly. I have a BMI of 24 and I'm a dress size 6-8.

ReputationRep:
    BMI- 27 (heffaaa)
    Dress size - 10 in tops and dresses, 12 in trousers.

ReputationRep:
    my BMI is 20.5 (i'm 5 ft 8 & weigh 62kgs) and i'm a size 8 - 10, although own a few size 6 things and a few size 12 things so it totally depends...i don't really think you can trust bmi, and also size totally depends on the shop!

ReputationRep:
    I have a BMI of 30, but fit in sizes 10-16 depending on the shop. Very little 10, obviously! I'm usually a 14/16 on the bottom and a 12 on the top.
    However, it seems that i'm pretty uusual in this, and people with lower BMI's wear bigger sizes... and no, before you ask, I don't have to squeeze into my clothes and have a massive muffin top!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    My BMI is: 22. Clothes size 8.

My BMI used to be 30. Clothes size 16/18.
    Wow, well if you can do that then so can I - well done
    OP, my BMI's 34.. I'm a size 18

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is 22 and Im a dress size 10-12 and 5"8.

I dnt believe in bmi as i know people (guys) whos bmi says theyre obese when they are actually slim!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babes :))
    seriously? are you really muscly??
    Lol no , i'm just really heavy

(Original post by daisydaffodil)
    Wow, well if you can do that then so can I - well done
    OP, my BMI's 34.. I'm a size 18
    I agree! And hey, daffodil, you're lucky if you can fit into a size 18 if your BMI is 34 but then everyone says it does depend a lot, I reckon if I was that weight (nearly 18 stone lol I'm tall) I would be about size 22

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liyah)
    Lol no , i'm just really heavy
    well your dress size is quite average so you can't be that big?

ReputationRep:
    BMI is 20.5 and I'm a size 8! Although in Topshop today I was a 12. I'm always at least one size bigger in Topshop...

ReputationRep:
    18.2 and a size 6, I'm 5 ft 4

ReputationRep:
    23.5 and size 10/12. Was 19 and size 8. Also 30 and size 18. It's varied over the years. :P

I'm 5'7".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babes :))
    well your dress size is quite average so you can't be that big?
    Usually im not that big and more of a 12 but exam stress is making me eat loads so i'm more of a 14 right now and feeling a little tubby!

ReputationRep:
    urm, my BMI is 18.1 (5ft9, 8st12) and im a size 8 - 10

ReputationRep:
    26: 14 on top, 16 on bottom.... 5"5'
    And I don't like tight clothes, so I suppose I could get into a size smaller on each, if I wanted to go for the whole 'muffin top' look...

ReputationRep:
    Mines 28 and a size 12

Used to be 44 size 20/22

My bmi is 19.3 and I am a size 10

ReputationRep:
    14 and size 6/8/10

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about my bmi think it's between 19-20 (haven't weighed myself in a while) and I'm 5'7.5"

dress size 8-10, occasionally a 12 in really tight things cos i have a bit of a round tummy and quite big hips

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.