Turn on thread page Beta

BMI/ dress size please girlies watch

ReputationRep:
    BMI is about 18, clothes wise I'm generally an 6-8 depending where I go

ReputationRep:
    Based on the first 50 or so posts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userdloat)
    BMI is rubbish if you have more than average body muscle for your height/weight.
    Mine's about 25-26 and i'm a size 8-10
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Your BMI will not always necessarily correlate with your dress size as it is dependant on your height so it's not a great measurement.

In any case, my BMI is about 22 and I'm a dress size 10.
    How does that work? I'm 9st 6 and 5"6 - BMI is 21. Yet I'm a size 12.

I went to buy some new trousers in H&M yesterday and I tried on a size 10 and I couldn't even do up the zip. I would not dare squat down, they'd split open!

Twice in a row I've squeezed into 12's, they've been tight and uncomfortable yet I feel too ashamed to buy 14's for my self esteem.

Dress sizes are mental.

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is 21.2 and im 5ft 6. jean size varies (new look i can be a 10 or 12. primark i get the super skinny jeans in a 12 as i dont want my blood circulation cutting off.) top half im size 10 on average. Just got an annoyingly large bottom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)

I went to buy some new trousers in H&M yesterday and I tried on a size 10 and I couldn't even do up the zip. I would not dare squat down, they'd split open!

Twice in a row I've squeezed into 12's, they've been tight and uncomfortable yet I feel too ashamed to buy 14's for my self esteem.

Dress sizes are mental.
    Muscle is a lot heavier than fat! I've got a low body fat percentage! I weigh about 11 stone 4/5 but i have a 25 inch waist.
    I took notice of bmi a couple years back and it said i was overweight so i lost weight and to do that i was literally eating about 700-800 cals a day and walking for at least 3 hours :l I got down to just under 9 stone and i was literally muscle (what was left) and bone, hardly any flab and i was a size 8 when i had been size 10-12 before at 12 stone. I grew up doing swimming, gymnastics and 5 kinds of dance though combined with a physical job!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)

Dress sizes are mental.
    Loads of things such as actual measurements affect it and what body shape you are. For example, my waist is 24.5" meaning on that alone I'd be a size 6. However that's not going to happen with my boobs and hips, so I have to get a 10 usually. I have a friend with a bigger waist than me, but because she's straight up and down, she's a smaller clothes size. It all depends on the girl to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 15.6 and uh I think a 0-14 or something.All the clothes stores have different sizes...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 14, and have a BMI of 28

ReputationRep:
    my bmi is 18 and im a size 10, 5"6 and 24 inch waist (if thats relevant)

i find size 8 is just tooo close fitting and i feel all exposed, however i dont want to admit a size 12 so I stick with a solid 10 :cute:

ReputationRep:
    I'm an 8-10 and my BMI is 18.4.

ReputationRep:
    BMI = 17
    Dress size = 6/8

Sound skinny but been told by doctors that all is fine .

ReputationRep:
    I dunno exactly what my BMI is at the moment because I have no scales and I fluctuate quite a bit. But it's usually 18-19, and I'm a size 10 at 5'11.

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is around 25 - 26 and my dress size is a 12 on bottom usually and 14 on top for my boobies AND that extra tyre . I think the smallest I could be is a 10 and that's my aim for this summer. Don't mind if I stay larger on top just as long as its just because of my boobs lol

ReputationRep:
    BMI 22.7, height 5'2, size 8-10.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 12 and very happy with my figure... yes I am a pretty strange girl :P I don't personally know my BMI as I feel healthy and do enough exercise etc etc

Plus BMI doesn't take muscles into account, so I don't want to worry myself over nothing :/

BMI 18.6

Dress size 6-8 but it's all about the narrow hips and little boobs

(Original post by Anonymous)
    BMI 18.6

Dress size 6-8 but it's all about the narrow hips and little boobs
    The thing is though, I am short - a girl with the exact same BMI could be sizes bigger than me just through being all round proportionally gianter.

So really, upon a moment's thought your question is a bit useless to you OP (sorry)

ReputationRep:
    BMI 18.6 (normal), Dress size 8 and 5'7

But like everyone has said, it really depends on body shape etc...

ReputationRep:
    BMI of 23, 5'6.5", size 12.

ReputationRep:
    BMI of 20.2 and my dress size is either 8 or 10.

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.