Turn on thread page Beta

BMI/ dress size please girlies watch

ReputationRep:
    5 foot 5, 6/8, BMI 16.7

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft4, dress size 6-8, my BMI currently is 16.3 as I'm recovering from a bad illness but usually it's around 18. I'm trying to get my weight up to 47kg, anything below that and you can have serious health problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellobonjour)
    5 foot 5, 6/8, BMI 16.7
    LOL, I'm not the only one then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saluki-Sake)
    LOL, I'm not the only one then

Aha no, not just you, I just don't seem to ever put on weight. I eat like a monster as well. I just want more definition, but have no idea what is good to get more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have a BMI of about 29. I'm a size 16- 18 and want to be about a 14 (possibly lower but don't think that's gonna happen lol).

I was wondering what my BMI would have to be for me to be that size, so thought I would ask you guys for a little comparison. I know everyone is different but it could be interesting.

Here's a good BMI calculator: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bm...ator/bmi.shtml

So all I really want to know is your BMI and UK dress size.
    BMI 24.6 (losing weight atm so hopefully this should go down! )
    Dress Size 10/12 depending which shops and which type of clothes. Tops + dresses + skirts = generally a 10, trousers and shorts= 10/12 depending.
    Height: 5,6

ReputationRep:
    My BMI (according to the link you posted) is 19.0.
    Usually, I'm a size 8 but sometimes a size 6

I'm petite!

ReputationRep:
    This probably sounds like some pervy attempt to find out the bra size of the girls of TSR.

I'm sure I heard on one of channel 4's random weight loss related shows that bra size was a very significant factor to take into account when you work out if a girls BMI is healthy ?

Also I'm pretty sure that it's relevant to the dress size as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    I'm sure I heard on one of channel 4's random weight loss related shows that bra size was a very significant factor to take into account when you work out if a girls BMI is healthy ?
    I've often wondered this. A petite, slim girl with F cups might have a higher BMI than a similarly-built girl with A cups.. even though they're both fit and healthy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)
    I've often wondered this. A petite, slim girl with F cups might have a higher BMI than a similarly-built girl with A cups.. even though they're both fit and healthy..
    Slim girl with big boobs, i.e. 28GG compared to slim girl with small boobs, i.e. 28AA would probs be the difference of about 1/2 stone.

ReputationRep:
    5ft2, 8 stone....so that's BMI of 20-21 (I think).

Dress size: 6/8 on top, 8/10 on the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    Height: 5'4

BMI: 18.3

Size: 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    5ft2, 8 stone....so that's BMI of 20-21 (I think).

Dress size: 6/8 on top, 8/10 on the bottom.
    This, BMI doesn't account for how heavy our boobs are.

ReputationRep:
    BMI 22-23ish and dress size 10

ReputationRep:
    BMI: 20.5

Dress Size: 14 on top, 10 on waist. It does depend which shop I am in though!

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    BMI = 17.7
    Height = 5 foot 3
    Dress size = Anywhere between a 6 and a 10 depending on the shop but normally an 8

ReputationRep:
    Dress size = 6/8 depending on shop
    BMI = 16.2

ReputationRep:
    BMI: ~21.5
    Dress size: 12.
    My dress size seems larger than everyone else with my BMI . Ah well. Maybe I just have a weird build. Actually that probably is true, considering how out of proportion my body is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razzmatazz rach)
    Mine is 24 (high end of normal)
    I am dress size 12 - 14. Usually 12 in tops, 14 in jeans and 12 or 14 in dresses depending on the style.
    Lol negged...

Probably because by TSR's standard I am fat

ReputationRep:
    according to that converter my BMI is 20.2 and I range from size 6-12, so I don't think aiming for a certain dress size is the best idea as it's so relative between shops.

ReputationRep:
    5 feet 2 or 3 inches BMI is about 18.83
    B:34B
    W: 25
    H:34/35
    tops sizes about size 2/4
    bottom sizes 2/4
    These are American sizes.
    Sizes 4/6/ in the UK.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.