Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is about 21 and I'm usually a size 10. I'm in between 5'2 and 5'3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpusa1981)
    thank you
    In some dresses US sizes I am a size 0/2. Would that be a a size 4/6 or size 8 because of the measurements?
    US 0/2 will roughly correspond to a UK size 6/8. But the actual measurements you gave are that of a UK size 8.

Size 4/6 will very likely be too small, i.e. 30-31" bust 22-24" waist and 32-33" hip.

Size 8 is a 32-33" bust, 25-26" waist, 34-35" hip.

ReputationRep:
    BMI is 20 and I'm a size 8/10

ReputationRep:
    Size 10-12 top half, 12-14 bottom half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    US 0/2 will roughly correspond to a UK size 6/8. But the actual measurements you gave are that of a UK size 8.

Size 4/6 will very likely be too small, i.e. 30-31" bust 22-24" waist and 32-33" hip.

Thanks again
    Biggest point s across my bust line is 34 inches.
    Smallest point across my bust line is 32 inches.
    Of course I brought a pair of size 2 trousers and about two inches taken in at the waist at the inseam.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)

Sorry for the double post.

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    My BMI is: 22. Clothes size 8.

My BMI used to be 30. Clothes size 16/18.
    woah, howd you manage that?? and how long did it take you?? on a massive fitness streak now, am a size 16/80 aiming for 8/10, so much like you!

ReputationRep:
    BMI: 19.8
    Size: 6 or 8, I think.

ReputationRep:
    25.2, size 10 but sometimes 12 if the jeans are slim fitting....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Why do girls put so much emphasis on clothes sizings?
    Even as a guy I know they are complete BS, and vary hugely depending on style and the shop etc etc.
    Absolutely true. Plus, they're different in almost every country - can't be bothered to learn the British system. That is why I go by height and weight only. 5'5-5'8, 125 lbs max. Other females need not apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    woah, howd you manage that?? and how long did it take you?? on a massive fitness streak now, am a size 16/80 aiming for 8/10, so much like you!
    It took me a year. I was using Weight Watchers online and cross training 3-4 times a week for an hour each time. Extremely hard work, but it was the best thing I've ever done.

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is 20.3 apparently.
    I'm 5 foot 7.5 and pretty much always a size 10, but ocassionally a 12.

ReputationRep:
    I don't trust the BMI. I recently went to get the pill and they have to know your BMI. Mine was apparently 31 which is obese (and if it was 35 or over then I wouldn't have been able to have it..) but Im a size 12-14? I know it not exactly skinny but I wouldn't compare myself to the obese people on supersize!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahH93)
    I don't trust the BMI. I recently went to get the pill and they have to know your BMI. Mine was apparently 31 which is obese (and if it was 35 or over then I wouldn't have been able to have it..) but Im a size 12-14? I know it not exactly skinny but I wouldn't compare myself to the obese people on supersize!!
    Depends on your height as to whether a 12-14 is 'big' or not. On someone tall, no. On someone really short, then maybe.

Obese is a lot smaller than people think - mainly because we're so used to seeing overweight people nowadays. What most people picture as just 'obese' is usually closer to 'morbidly obese'.

BMI is a reasonably good tool unless you're a serious athlete.

ReputationRep:
    Forget using bmi and dress sizes. Just be healthy or you wont lose weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpusa1981)
    Thanks again
    Biggest point s across my bust line is 34 inches.
    Smallest point across my bust line is 32 inches.
    Of course I brought a pair of size 2 trousers and about two inches taken in at the waist at the inseam.
    thank you
    You're welcome, happy shopping

ReputationRep:
    Um I dunno, I am a 14-16 bottom half 12-14 top half.

I've slowly lost weight this year and I don't want to depress myself at the scales. I guess I'm 27/28 tops with my BMI.

ReputationRep:
    My BMI is 17.2, dress size 6, and I'm 5'4.
    My BMI used to be 15.4, dress size 4-6, still at 5'4.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'9, have a BMI of 21 and wear size 10 clothes usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahH93)
    I'm like you. I'm 19 years old, 5ft 3 (I think the doctor said 5'3 anyway when I went for the pill), size 14/16 and by that BBC BMI counter I'm obese with a 31.2 BMI. But if you look at me, I'm certainly not huge. But I think it all depends on your body shape. If I lost 3-4 stone like the BMI calculator recommends for me to be 'normal' I'd look odd as I have shapely hips.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.