Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatley LSE dont accept retake applicants so applying again as some have suggested would be a wastes of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    1. Thinking of Adjustment personally myself
    2. Planning of doing a psotgraduate at the university I wanted to go to originally
    Try not to put too much faith in Adjustment - it has a really low success rate (something like ~400 people managed to find an alternative place in the two years it's been running). I tried it out last year and found that no 'top' unis have places available. Plus there'll be the extra hassle/doubt as you probably won't have visited any uni that you might find, and most accommodation will probably be gone..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    Try not to put too much faith in Adjustment - it has a really low success rate (something like ~400 people managed to find an alternative place in the two years it's been running). I tried it out last year and found that no 'top' unis have places available. Plus there'll be the extra hassle/doubt as you probably won't have visited any uni that you might find, and most accommodation will probably be gone..
    Actually i'm porbably gonna stay in London, where i definitley have accomadation. It might have a low success rate, but no harm in trying . By the way do you know whether SOAS university do adjustment for Economics ? Plus i could go Southampton where i got family and Kent as well or Surrey.

ReputationRep:
    When God closes a door he opens a window

(not that I believe in God, but I still find it useful anyway)

ReputationRep:
    I went to bed and cried when I got my first rejection. Got my 5th last Friday and each time it got a tiny bit easier. I'm looking on the bright side now- maybe I just wasn't meant to do the course! Now I'm waiting on a decision from my application through UCAS extra on a course that sounds very good at a great university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Actually i'm porbably gonna stay in London, where i definitley have accomadation. It might have a low success rate, but no harm in trying . By the way do you know whether SOAS university do adjustment for Economics ? Plus i could go Southampton where i got family and Kent as well or Surrey.
    Oh yeah, no harm in trying at all, I just thought I'd give you a warning in case you didn't already know

And I have no idea, sorry - I was looking for English. I think I looked at Exeter, Leeds, Sheffield, Cardiff, Nottingham and York... maybe some others, and all said they have no places available for all subjects. You could have a look at who's in Clearing to have some sort of idea? Given the ridiculous competitiveness of Economics I don't suppose any top unis will have places (much like I found for English ) though you could get lucky if enough people miss their offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    When God closes a door he opens a window

(not that I believe in God, but I still find it useful anyway)
    Yeah, this is pretty much my viewpoint. Most people take much bigger tangents in life anyway, so it's never the be all end all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Bi Winning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vekeh)
    Oh yeah, no harm in trying at all, I just thought I'd give you a warning in case you didn't already know

And I have no idea, sorry - I was looking for English. I think I looked at Exeter, Leeds, Sheffield, Cardiff, Nottingham and York... maybe some others, and all said they have no places available for all subjects. You could have a look at who's in Clearing to have some sort of idea? Given the ridiculous competitiveness of Economics I don't suppose any top unis will have places (much like I found for English ) though you could get lucky if enough people miss their offers
    I already know about the figures and been told a few times. But I know the people who do exceptionally well in adjustment are those whose grades meet all requirements as well as being first to phone into universities. Thanks for the help because as I know SOAS is very good but underrated. I know UCL give out a lot of offers, LSE might be able do it for Economics and economic history, but this years gonna be the most competitive year ever, next year it will go down.

ReputationRep:
    I've been fortunate enough to not have any rejections so far this cycle. Saying that, I was rejected by all five last year. You have a few options...

- Feel sorry for yourself and do nothing.
    - Re-apply next year or use Extra/Clearing.
    - Find your place at another university that did accept you.

Remember, lots of famous people have been rejected at first and then gone on to make their fortunes. All is not lost with rejection: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...?mod=yhoofront

ReputationRep:
    I got a rejection but it was the uni that I least wanted to go to and I was going to cancel the choice... *******s beat me lol

I have to admit, it was a bit ****ty seeing "Unsuccessful" on track, but at the end of the day, it's just an online form...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Dey)
    I'm Bi Winning
    Get out.

ReputationRep:
    When it came from UCL I was like, yeah was expecting that nvm but still a little bit sad as I would have loved to go. When it came from Warwick, my first choice, I was quite saddened but I was kind of expecting that too. Not too fussed now, I always said I'd happily go to Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 rejections only one offer luckily that was the only university I really wanted to go to the others were more to fill up the options still didn't mind going there , although the offer I got back was quite high might be hard to meet. I did originally get an offer from sheffield but then they took back their offer and sent a letter saying they made a mistake it was my 2nd choice . I weren't to bothered as the rejections were the ones I couldn't care so much about . If it had been the one I really wanted to go though I would've felt gutted and would a lot of time to convince myself another uni is best as I'd have planned going there as it's somewhere you've always wanted to go. I'd probably have starting thinking maybe this place wasn't for me and one of the other universities is where I'm meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    I guess time helped the most for me.

Also, I hate when people say "You were too good for them" or "They don't know what they're missing". Clearly that's not true, otherwise the applicant wouldn't have been rejected :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    pitied myself till an offer came
    was happy for a while,
    but then began repining for the first...
    so i guess i am still 'dealing with it'

ReputationRep:
    Well I got rejected from the only 2 Unis I wanted to go to. Revaluated my whole plan for a degree and have decided to switch from Graphic Design to Marketing. Im applying through extra but Im not too fussed if I have to go for it next year.

All in all I think I will prefer marketing > graphics so it all ended up quite well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.