Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have we broke the law? lol watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok so, no one like cherry vks right? and when we go asda and buy a box of them (where the box can be easily opened) we take the cherry ones out and replace with other flavours and put them in another box.

We have done this twice now and not been caught but just wondered if it is actually something we can be done for? I mean, the boxes dont have anything to stop you from opening them or anything.

Random I know haha

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just buy two boxes (if they're cheap) and give the cherry ones to somebody who will like them? I dunno if it's wrong but if ASDA catch you, they probably might be a little...yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you're still paying for it, I don't see why not.

ReputationRep:
    You're kinda tampering with products, I think there might be some legal justification to them not allowing this but I can't imagine you'd get punished. I mean the problem is someone else picks up what they thought was a multipack then they end up with all cherry (ew), then to them it's like the manufacturer has messed up their product which will make people less likely to buy it in future. In short, a competitor could do the same as you on a large scale and it would damage the VK business. As you can't prove you're in no way affiliated with competitors, I'd imagine this is illegal for all people. But again, you won't get prosecuted, but I could see them banning you so watch out, especially given they will have cameras on the alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalingaTheSlinga)
    Why don't you just buy two boxes (if they're cheap) and give the cherry ones to somebody who will like them? I dunno if it's wrong but if ASDA catch you, they probably might be a little...yeah.
    Thing is, none of us like them lol and we have done it twice on two seperate occasions. HMM I do feel bad for the person who buys the next box and ends up with 4 but me no likey haha

ReputationRep:
    I like the cherry ones. Link me up and I will give you nothing in return. Except, you know, prevent you from committing crimes and so on.

ReputationRep:
    oh you're such a cherry tart

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem lies with that your tampering with a product before your buying it, so its still ASDA's and not yours. There will be some pesky law covering doing that but I wouldn't have thought that its anything major, but they will give you a warning or something similar. I would also watch out for the CCTV in the aisle too.

ReputationRep:
    Think of the poor ******* who buys a box of vks with twice as many cherry vks in when they hate cherry vks.

You're getting pretty bad karma my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Its criminal damage technicly because you are damaging a product which you have no intention to buy

ReputationRep:
    It's theft plain and simple.

When you take the product to the counter to purchase it you are in the process of forming a contract with asda.
    That contract is for the Purchase of VKs as advertised. - Which includes cherry flavour. If you want to remove them that is your perogative, but replacing them with another item is not.

Hiding another flavour in the container is no different to hiding it under your jumper.

If you get caught you will go down.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.