Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A huge spectrum of people, ranging from the pleasant stereotype to the feckless layabout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogercbinboy)
    Tolerance mixed with biggotry, intellect mixed with stupidity etc etc.
    I bet I know which ones make up the majority :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    England has gone down hill a bit.... but we still have good ambassadors trying to make england better, seb coe is wonderfull for chairing the 2012 olympics, and trying to get england enthusiastic about sport, same could be said for david beckham!

ReputationRep:
    1) What are stereotypical "English" characteristics? E.g. the queen, drinking tea, fish and chips.

Nowadays: chavs. I can't speak for Americans and such, I'm sure the stereotype there is that we're still all regal, but my stereotype is a bunch of dumb kids who can't write and can barely read, and attack those weaker than them. It's like everyone get pregnant at 18 and married as a quick fix to a break-up (what?) at 22, divorced at 23. Some people are different though - they get pregnant at 12.

2) What sort of things would you think of when just thinking of England generally? E.g. obesity problem, multiracial community, typical types of people i.e. chavs, preps etc.

What I've mentioned.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.