Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shall I presume he isnt interested and move on? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HI guys,

Firstly just to say Im not too hung up on this, but I have a tendency to be pessimistic and cynical about guys (past experience) and so jump to conclusions too quick sometimes, outside opinion is sometimes more helpful.

Had 3 dates with this guy. The last date was a week and a half ago, we went out for lunch drank a little and generally had a really good laugh.

He hasnt contacted me since then however. So I thought on wednesday I would drop him a text, just saying "Hi hows things?" and he hasnt replied.

Should I just forget about it, seeing as it was only 3 dates....I think he would have been more responsive if he was all that bothered?

Thankkkks guys x

ReputationRep:
    Men are weird. This doesn't necessarily mean he's not interested but I personally wouldn't contact him again. If he wants to see you, he will. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him. Don't base it on assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Men are weird. This doesn't necessarily mean he's not interested but I personally wouldn't contact him again. If he wants to see you, he will. Simples.
    Yah I though as much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    Ask him. Don't base it on assumption.
    Yeh I just dont want to be too up in his face though....3 dates isnt that much tbf.

ReputationRep:
    A week and a half - no contact? Unless he's ill, on holiday or is visiting a sick family member then I'd think he doesn't want to pursue things with you. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    You've made contact; the ball's in his court. Chasing him now will only make you seem more available and less desirable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Yeh I just dont want to be too up in his face though....3 dates isnt that much tbf.
    Then wait it out, if he was a decent bloke he should atleast reply to your message.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    You've made contact; the ball's in his court. Chasing him now will only make you seem more available and less desirable.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    Ask him out on another date. Men can be wierd like that! If he doesn't respond after a few days/up to a week then I'd give up on him. It's a shame because you think it went well, but it happens :/ Do you know any of his friends? You could ask them what's up...

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of my situation Except I completely cocked it up by letting my friends persuade me into drunk texting/calling him after a week of no response. Fairly sure he thinks I'm a bunny boiler right now!

I'd say you've done all that you can - it's not like you're just waiting for him, you've done your bit and texted him first, and if he doesn't do his bit, well then let's be honest, he's simply not worth your time...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.