Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

April Fools joke backfired! ****! Watch

I put this in this category cos I wanna post anonymously and it wouldn't let me do it on other categories.

Ok. I had a free so I thought i should use it constructively and prank my mother. I set up two fake email accounts and sent her two emails. The first was obviously a prank and said I was a changeling child (don't ask). Then i sent her another one from my teacher telling my mum I'd been told off for texting and that my behaviour was slipping and that she was concerned (which was linked to something in the previous email).

I'd actually texted my mum during her lesson so my mum thought it was real and took it way to seriously and phoned the bloody school!!!!! She spoke to the teacher and she's NOT happy. My mum asked me about it and I told her it was a joke and she phoned the school to tell them that 'someone' had sent it as an april fools and that was all over and it should just be left at that. but the teacher wants to know who did it and got the ict assistant involved and the head of sixth form. I'm a good student and this was the only time she's ever told me off. I'm just worried she'll take it further and start a whole big thing. two of my friends were there when i sent it and they helped me word it. they won't say anything cos they don't wanna get in trouble either. It's the weekend now so it might all calm down. if on monday i get asked about it then what should i do??? My school likes to make a big deal out of nothing and this teacher doesn't have a sense of humour when it comes to stuff like this.

It was just a joke but it completely backfired. should have known my mum would take it seriously. I've deleted the email accounts. If i'm asked i think i'll just tell them i have no idea who did it but if it was a joke it's not that bad and just hope they don't launch a full scale investigation into it... if me and my friends say nothing it can't lead back to us can it? they won't tell cos one of them doesn't even do french so they wouldn't ask her and the other doesn't want to get into **** too.

HELP PLEASE!!!

ReputationRep:
    do moar pranks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I put this in this category cos I wanna post anonymously and it wouldn't let me do it on other categories.

Ok. I had a free so I thought i should use it constructively and prank my mother. I set up two fake email accounts and sent her two emails. The first was obviously a prank and said I was a changeling child (don't ask). Then i sent her another one from my teacher telling my mum I'd been told off for texting and that my behaviour was slipping and that she was concerned (which was linked to something in the previous email).

I'd actually texted my mum during her lesson so my mum thought it was real and took it way to seriously and phoned the bloody school!!!!! She spoke to the teacher and she's NOT happy. My mum asked me about it and I told her it was a joke and she phoned the school to tell them that 'someone' had sent it as an april fools and that was all over and it should just be left at that. but the teacher wants to know who did it and got the ict assistant involved and the head of sixth form. I'm a good student and this was the only time she's ever told me off. I'm just worried she'll take it further and start a whole big thing. two of my friends were there when i sent it and they helped me word it. they won't say anything cos they don't wanna get in trouble either. It's the weekend now so it might all calm down. if on monday i get asked about it then what should i do??? My school likes to make a big deal out of nothing and this teacher doesn't have a sense of humour when it comes to stuff like this.

It was just a joke but it completely backfired. should have known my mum would take it seriously. I've deleted the email accounts. If i'm asked i think i'll just tell them i have no idea who did it but if it was a joke it's not that bad and just hope they don't launch a full scale investigation into it... if me and my friends say nothing it can't lead back to us can it? they won't tell cos one of them doesn't even do french so they wouldn't ask her and the other doesn't want to get into **** too.

HELP PLEASE!!!
    Do you know what this is?

http://www.fishing4fun.co.uk/wp-cont...6/spanner1.jpg

Yeah, you're one.

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    You should have come up with a better joke.

ReputationRep:
    Just play dumb. The email shouldn't be able to be traced back to you so really you're in the all clear. Just do something less dramatic next April Fools eh! lol! I'm sure things will just blow over after a while at school, they have no leads afterall.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    you plonker

ReputationRep:
    haha this actually made me laugh out loud

ReputationRep:
    Haha why would you prank your Mum? Do you not have mates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    Do you know what this is?

http://www.fishing4fun.co.uk/wp-cont...6/spanner1.jpg

Yeah, you're one.
    He's a spanner?

ReputationRep:
    I lol'ed at this. Kudos on the effort man.

In future, pull the prank on someone else and not yourself. That's kind of the whole point lol.

ReputationRep:
    Assaid play dumb.

If your Mum doesn't bring it up, they won't continue looking.

ReputationRep:
    There is only one thing you can do, dispose everything involved. Your mum, the phone, the email accounts, the computer, your teacher, EVERYTHING!

Then move to Siberia, and create a new identity as Vladimir the wolf hunter.

ReputationRep:
    I found it quite ammusing but suprised you had the patience to set it all up lol

(Original post by ChrisDRFC)
    You should have come up with a better joke.
    The point of the joke was that it was believable. That's why I did it. Usually my april fools are so obvious. so i did one that would be believable. and this happened. It's not a good joke but it was a good april fools cos i know my mum. but i thought she'd just talk to me about it. she's laughing now. but she's laughing at ME. my mum generally has a good sense of humour so now she finds in ****ing hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    He's a spanner?
    Why yes, yes he is. :rolleyes:

(Original post by CountMancula)
    Haha why would you prank your Mum? Do you not have mates?
    of course i do! but i knew my mum would fall for it. obviously she fell for it too well. it was a REALLY realistic email.

ReputationRep:
    Did you do it from a college computer? If so, at my college at least, they might be able to track the internet activity?
    Otherwise they'll never find out, just say nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think you should own up to it. As you say, it was a little prank that got out of hand. If you explain that to your teacher and act really sorry for it, then the worst they could do I imagine is block you from the IT network for a week or something. If you leave it then it will be much more serious when they eventually find out it was you (they will find out you did it if the ICT department get involved).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.