Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    He's a spanner?
    and an adjustable one at that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dunno. i'm a VERY good student. i don't usually get in trouble for ANYTHING. i'm in my last year too. and i like this teacher. she's always been really nice to me. they're gonna think it's someone in my class cos no one else would've known. there are only about twelve of us. if i say nothng they won't find out right? it'll all blow over. it's not that big a deal surely?
    Exactly, you're a very good student in your last year with a teacher who you get on with. And you're right it's not a big deal, it's only a prank of an email. BUT by pretending it wasn't you, you're making it into a big deal, which would do much more harm when they eventually find out it was you.

Maybe you shouldn't approach the teacher, but if you get asked if you know anything you should own up and apologise.

Have you spoken to your mum about it?

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Nice April Fools.

ReputationRep:
    actually no - she would never believe i was pregnant. i'm not the type. AT ALL. and she knows it. That's why I did this one. I'm a good student. Always have been. That's why I did it. Not too obvious, understated and concerning.
    haha ok. don't worry though, you're getting too worried over it, i know it's hard not to when everyone's getting angry but essentially what you've done is a bit silly but nothing AT ALL serious by anyone's standards. just think of all the things the school will have had to deal with.. bullying, drinking, smoking, drugs, vandalism etc.. have you done any of this? no. even if you had texted in class, which you haven't, it's not a big deal at all. if they ask you just explain that it was a pretty bad april fool's joke on your mother and you sent fake emails. at worst they'll think you're stupid for doing it but they'll forget it and move on! xx

(Original post by Wardylufc)
    Exactly, you're a very good student in your last year with a teacher who you get on with. And you're right it's not a big deal, it's only a prank of an email. BUT by pretending it wasn't you, you're making it into a big deal, which would do much more harm when they eventually find out it was you.

Maybe you shouldn't approach the teacher, but if you get asked if you know anything you should own up and apologise.

Have you spoken to your mum about it?
    yeah my mum knows it was me and doesn't want to get me in trouble. But the thing is, if no one says anything (which they won't) then there's no way they could find out right?

(Original post by lottie1992)
    haha ok. don't worry though, you're getting too worried over it, i know it's hard not to when everyone's getting angry but essentially what you've done is a bit silly but nothing AT ALL serious by anyone's standards. just think of all the things the school will have had to deal with.. bullying, drinking, smoking, drugs, vandalism etc.. have you done any of this? no. even if you had texted in class, which you haven't, it's not a big deal at all. if they ask you just explain that it was a pretty bad april fool's joke on your mother and you sent fake emails. at worst they'll think you're stupid for doing it but they'll forget it and move on! xx
    Actually i was texting in class - i was texting my mum to ask her to pick me up after school. that's what made it believable.

ReputationRep:
    but it's the easter hols in a week. surely it'll have blown over by then right? it's not like it's a big full scale problem. just an april fools. i haven't hurt anyone or stolen anything.
    What's the fuss? Although it doesn't sound all that funny - perhaps it's a context thing - you've not done anything remotely wrong. Why lie about it? If your schoolteacher disagrees, he/she disagrees - and obviously lacks a sense of humour. If you think it was funny, then just say that.

Really, some people seem to love complicating issues.

(Original post by L i b)
    What's the fuss? Although it doesn't sound all that funny - perhaps it's a context thing - you've not done anything remotely wrong. Why lie about it? If your schoolteacher disagrees, he/she disagrees - and obviously lacks a sense of humour. If you think it was funny, then just say that.

Really, some people seem to love complicating issues.
    But my school likes to take things seriously. what i'm saying is, if i lie, they won't be able to find out right?

ReputationRep:
    yeah my mum knows it was me and doesn't want to get me in trouble. But the thing is, if no one says anything (which they won't) then there's no way they could find out right?
    Wrong, I know someone at my school who got caught by the IT department and suspended for a week, but that was for sending a malicious email to other students who got really upset. The IT people can see exactly what you've been up to.

Plus there's a pretty good chance that you're clearly lying if you get questioned about it, so it's probably best not to take that chance. There's no way they'll take any action against you if you own up and apologise, but if they catch you out after you've lied then they might.

If worst comes to worst, get your mum to ring in and tell them it was all a big misunderstanding.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should do something more productive in your frees

ReputationRep:
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    What a complete fail of an April fools.

I, on the other hand, slept through the morning. :borat:

(Original post by Wardylufc)
    Wrong, I know someone at my school who got caught by the IT department and suspended for a week, but that was for sending a malicious email to other students who got really upset. The IT people can see exactly what you've been up to.

Plus there's a pretty good chance that you're clearly lying if you get questioned about it, so it's probably best not to take that chance. There's no way they'll take any action against you if you own up and apologise, but if they catch you out after you've lied then they might.

If worst comes to worst, get your mum to ring in and tell them it was all a big misunderstanding.
    Ok. Let's go through the possibilities.

What if they check the internet records? The accounts have all been deleted and I can argue that I was checking my email (nothing wrong with that). The only other girl from my class who was there was also checking her email. The email could've been sent from somewhere else. My mum didn't say what time the email was sent or from what messaging service so if my mum says it was from e.g. googlemail then I can argue well I only have a hotmail account (which is true). The email could've been sent from someone's house after they went home or from their phone even.

What if they ask the class? Or the year? If no one says anything then they can't find out right? Plus it's not THAT big a deal. Right? The teacher thinks it is... and the head of sixth form probably will.

it's easter soon and cos it's not THAT big a deal it'll hopefully be forgotten right?

My mum knows cos she asked me and has phoned up the school to tell them that she didn't realise but it's april fools day today and it's just a joke. they seem to get that it's a joke but they might still go and ask around. i'm just worried it's gonna turn into something big. even if it does, no one can find out cos no one will say anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    Just play dumb. The email shouldn't be able to be traced back to you so really you're in the all clear. Just do something less dramatic next April Fools eh! lol! I'm sure things will just blow over after a while at school, they have no leads afterall.
    BUT if they manage to backtrace it, then OP will have dun goofed, and...

Consequences.

Will Never.

Be.

The Same.

(Original post by Tba90)
    Maybe you should do something more productive in your frees
    it was only a 35 min free. i thought i would have a lesson today but it got cancelled so i had 35 mins to kill.

(Original post by qasman)
    BUT if they manage to backtrace it, then OP will have dun goofed, and...

Consequences.

Will Never.

Be.

The Same.
    made me lol thanks.

what do you think of my 'plan' - read the previous few posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilson_smith)
    HAHAHAHAHAHHA. Nice April Fools.
    lol for one sec, I thought someone hijacked my tsr acc.

ReputationRep:
    it was only a 35 min free. i thought i would have a lesson today but it got cancelled so i had 35 mins to kill.
    I'm sorry but the only person your've made a fool out today is your self

Atleast you have a whole year to think of better one

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Let's go through the possibilities.

What if they check the internet records? The accounts have all been deleted and I can argue that I was checking my email (nothing wrong with that). The only other girl from my class who was there was also checking her email. The email could've been sent from somewhere else. My mum didn't say what time the email was sent or from what messaging service so if my mum says it was from e.g. googlemail then I can argue well I only have a hotmail account (which is true). The email could've been sent from someone's house after they went home or from their phone even.

What if they ask the class? Or the year? If no one says anything then they can't find out right? Plus it's not THAT big a deal. Right? The teacher thinks it is... and the head of sixth form probably will.

it's easter soon and cos it's not THAT big a deal it'll hopefully be forgotten right?

My mum knows cos she asked me and has phoned up the school to tell them that she didn't realise but it's april fools day today and it's just a joke. they seem to get that it's a joke but they might still go and ask around. i'm just worried it's gonna turn into something big. even if it does, no one can find out cos no one will say anything.
    Trust me, if you own up and put it to bed it will be forgotten about much sooner than if you try and let it blow over. Don't worry about what the head of sixth form will think, most of the time the reality is never as serious as what you fear.

(Original post by Tba90)
    I'm sorry but the only person your've made a fool out today is your self

Atleast you have a whole year to think of better one
    well obviously. look. alls i know is usually my april fools stink - they're unbelievable. so i though hey hey here's my chance to do a believable one. and i did. and it was. and it backfired. that's all.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.