Turn on thread page Beta

Contribution based JSA or Income based JSA? watch

ReputationRep:
    A few months ago I applied for JSA online and was turned down when my application was looked at. I didn't have enough National Insurance contributions, something needed for contribution based JSA, and wanted to be considered for income based JSA.

Do they automatically consider you for contribution based JSA or can you choose which to apply for? when I applied online I didn't see anywhere where you could choose.

ReputationRep:
    If you've made no contributions you'll get nothing.

ReputationRep:
    They will automatically consider you for both unless you don't qualify for JSA(IB) e.g. you have a partner who works, you have another source of income which takes you over the threshold, you have capital over £16,000, you're not from the UK and haven't met the qualifying criteria for "worker" status yet.... there's a bunch of reasons why you might not qualify but it's difficult to say why in your case without knowing more. Also, if you're a full time student (counted as 16 hours per week or more) then you won't qualify for either.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.