Turn on thread page Beta

So college won't let me back until they have 'medical reassurance of my behavior' ( after i..er, did what I can only describe as behaved like a mad person) but like... how on earth do I get that? They say they want to speak to them, so am i supposed to get my GP to ring them? How does my GP know that i'm not mad or whatever it is they suspect me of being :confused:
    What if my GP says they don't want to ring them?
    And I have an exam monday, but I'm not allowed it... it's very bloody confusing, I have no idea what it is they want me to do.

thanks if anyone can help (oh, and keep anon or delete please)

ReputationRep:
    I'd go to your GP and have them assess you and give you some sort of confirmation that you are mentally sound (assuming you are) which you then need to pass on to your college.

Also, more details on how you "behaved like mad person" please.

ReputationRep:
    Boring problem unless you go into detail about what you did to make you seem mad.

(Original post by in_vogue)
    Boring problem unless you go into detail about what you did to make you seem mad.

Well, I don't really care that my problem is boring to you, I was asking for advice not to entertain people, but nevertheless I suppose I'll explain

I am a bit off, in general, so they already thought I was a bit mental, but anyway I got a bit drunk before college (cause i get ridiculous scared of being around people, thought maybe getting drunk would help. obviously now know that was bad idea)
    Say on the stairs (not the ones everyone uses, there's other stairs no one ever really uses) got a bit angry, threw all my stuff down the stairs, shouted a bit (a lot) about not much in particular, college said they were going to ring an ambulance (wtf?) then I had to leave, sat behind the church (there's a church outside.. no one can see you from behind the church) I was angry and drunk, so did a small spot of, er, arm abuse. Anyway then the ambulance he called arrived and the police, I refused to be taken home/to hosptial by them (because my parents would, quite frankly flip out if the police got involved again) after irritatingly following me around for about 3 hours the police finally let me go home, but they decided they needed to do so in a ****ing riot van and handcuff me, which was very, very embarrassing.

so, there you go. Maybe I am a bit mad, but I'm not usually like this, it's ridiculous and embarassing

(Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    I'd go to your GP and have them assess you and give you some sort of confirmation that you are mentally sound (assuming you are) which you then need to pass on to your college.

Also, more details on how you "behaved like mad person" please.

I suppose so, but how am I meant to get h im to do that, can he even do that? In a five minute doctors appointment. also... what if he says I'm not, really, he just needs to say that it's safe for me to go to college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suppose so, but how am I meant to get h im to do that, can he even do that? In a five minute doctors appointment. also... what if he says I'm not, really, he just needs to say that it's safe for me to go to college
    Yes, thats their job if thats what is required for you to lead your life as normal. Explain the situation and your GP will do what's necessary. I hope everything works out for you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.