Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    I've been looking at accomodation to my local university and really hoping to move next year. However, I only stay 5 miles from the University and to qualify for accomodation you need to stay 25 miles or over from the University.

    I'm just wondering if they will take certain situations into account when assessing their applications. No going into details but I am in one of these situations and was really hoping to get out my house this year and start living independently.

    Just wondering if anyone knows someone's story or if it applies to them personally which is similar to my situation.


    (Original post by Clydeside)
    Ask them and explain your situation. But they obviously have these rules as they have limited accomodation so don't get your hopes up.

    If you can't, would you consider living in private accomodation a year earlier then? Not that I would necessarily suggest doing this, I'll explain why if you want, but just wondering if you'd consider it?

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.