Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello all,

    If I did a HND starting this september, and then after the 2 years I went onto "top up" the HND to a full degree, would I have to pay the increased fee's for the final year?


    Most likely unless the HND is somehow integrated.

    Contact the university.
    • PS Reviewer

    PS Reviewer
    This depends on the uni. On another thread a uni confirmed that they would charge current fees for students in this situation, but others will not.
    • Thread Starter

    Thanks for the replys.

    I contacted the Uni and they said the fee's would remain the same aslong as the course is related.

    My friend is doing a top up at my uni and is having to pay the higher fees.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.