Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I find it odd when I hear people talk about how they've had sex with strangers they met for one night in a bar, or a one-night stand with someone they only know a little bit. I guess I can sort of understand the former if it's an attraction, heat of the moment thing.. but I also find it really weird when people sleep with someone who they clearly don't trust or have real feelings for, judging by the number of threads on here going "I don't trust him, what if he..." and "I regret doing this!" and "omg what will happen" etc.

I couldn't really imagine having sex with someone who I didn't have strong feelings for/ love and trusted absolutely, and the concept of a ONS with a randomer is alien to me, but I feel like the odd one out in this - most people I know don't have a problem with it and have at least done it once or twice.

I'm not judging anyone who does do it, because it's their choice and I don't have a problem with it, but I just want to know if I'm alone in feeling this way, and for the people who do do it, why?

For the record, for me it's not a case of waiting for "The One" - I doubt I'll have just the one relationship in my lifetime - but just not wanting to have sex with someone I don't really care about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    I find it odd when I hear people talk about how they've had sex with strangers they met for one night in a bar, or a one-night stand with someone they only know a little bit. I guess I can sort of understand the former if it's an attraction, heat of the moment thing.. but I also find it really weird when people sleep with someone who they clearly don't trust or have real feelings for, judging by the number of threads on here going "I don't trust him, what if he..." and "I regret doing this!" and "omg what will happen" etc.

I couldn't really imagine having sex with someone who I didn't have strong feelings for/ love and trusted absolutely, and the concept of a ONS with a randomer is alien to me, but I feel like the odd one out in this - most people I know don't have a problem with it and have at least done it once or twice.

I'm not judging anyone who does do it, because it's their choice and I don't have a problem with it, but I just want to know if I'm alone in feeling this way, and for the people who do do it, why?

For the record, for me it's not a case of waiting for "The One" - I doubt I'll have just the one relationship in my lifetime - but just not wanting to have sex with someone I don't really care about.

Never heard anyone talk about that. Normally people keep quiet about those things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    Never heard anyone talk about that. Normally people keep quiet about those things.
    The people I chat with are pretty open about their sex lives, to the point they aren't afraid to brag.

ReputationRep:
    I treat girls like utter trash when I have casual sex. Usually, straight after the point of orgasm, I grab my phone and text my mate "Ten points for Gryffindor!"

ReputationRep:
    Its completely crazy to me as well. I dont even think I could sleep with someone I had a bit of feelings for let alone none at all. I think it might be because I find the idea of sex really awkward and what would make it even more awkward than doing it with a stranger? I know I'm going to have to be head over heals in love before I can do passionate things with another.

ReputationRep:
    I have casual sex all the time... with my hand.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro

ReputationRep:
    I personally only have casual sex with someone I'm really attracted to. I don't know about other girls. I sure as hell don't do it for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswald Mosley)
    I treat girls like utter trash when I have casual sex. Usually, straight after the point of orgasm, I grab my phone and text my mate "Ten points for Gryffindor!"
    So you think of your friend when engaging in intercourse? :holmes:

http://pictures.funnyforum.org/wp-co...ou-are-gay.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetearth)
    I have casual sex all the time... with my hand.
    That's where you're going wrong. You have to make love to your hand, kiss it, feel it, then lube it and let it make passionate love to you, then clean it and give it a cuddle afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry.C)
    So you think of your friend when engaging in intercourse? :holmes:
    I think about all sorts of things when I'm giving a chick a bang. I usually think of things that anger and disgust me, which leads to even worse abuse and treatment to the 'thing' I'm 'casually' banging. I once made this chick say her eight times table while we were at it, and every time she hesitated or got one wrong I slapped her around the face. Chicks love being treated like shít; they are dirt, the lot of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philbphil)
    That's where you're going wrong. You have to make love to your hand, kiss it, feel it, then lube it and let it make passionate love to you, then clean it and give it a cuddle afterwards.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't do it with someone I had no feelings for either. I'm not saying they have to be the love of my life, but a randomer from a bar? No ****ing way.
    Most people I know are actually of a similar opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I was always really really drunk, so had very little idea of what was going on. I tend to be pretty suggestible while drunk and I had very low self esteem, so any guy coming onto me who looked attractive, I just let him.

ReputationRep:

I'm exactly like this. I can't understand the one night stand thing at all. I've heard friends occasionally talk about it and how they lost their V cards to strangers just because they wanted to get it over with.

I can't ever imagine not having a mutual trust, care and love between myself and the guy.

ReputationRep:

It's the 21st century, no one cares about anyone anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I think it really depends on your position in life, your self-confidence and the ability to share yourself with others.
    The problem is really that sexual attraction and interest is often stigmatized on many levels. A lot of people fear the awkwardness and loss of friendship or social acceptance caused by sleeping with their friends/people on their course/ in the social circle if they're not in a commited relationship so a lot of these feelings get pent up and more often than not, on a drunken night out, let out.

Personally I don't see the problem in going crazy with someone you've just met if they give you a good first impression and you find them attractive. In this day and age with protection, risks aren't quite what they once were. That said though, nothing beats someone you know and really like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    I couldn't do it with someone I had no feelings for either. I'm not saying they have to be the love of my life, but a randomer from a bar? No ****ing way.
    Most people I know are actually of a similar opinion.
    Are you a member of the Phelps family church?

ReputationRep:
    well i hae no isses with it and i dont understand why people like you OP have such hangups about sex - its only sex. This whole "need to be really close to them" is a load of bull to me, you dont need to be emotionally close to someone to get naked and do the deed. you just need to want to.

But each to thier own, and if you dont want to do it then you shouldnt feel pressured into it due to your peers. You wait for when you want to do it. Each to thier own

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather date a girl and have sex with her after dates than one night stands.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.