Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If they are attractive then whats the problem? Maybe you missed the whole fact that sex is pretty fun

ReputationRep:
    I have had two one night stands and I can honestly say that despite the fact both of them were better lovers than my ex, I still preferred loving sex with my ex. Saying that, I know I will have more one night stands, it increases my self confidence. Especially when one of them Said I was fantastic at sucking chode.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, casual sex is MUCH better than romantic sex/actual relationships.

Relationships are **** because of all the emotional hullabaloo.

Casual sex is good for you.

(Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    I have had two one night stands and I can honestly say that despite the fact both of them were better lovers than my ex, I still preferred loving sex with my ex. Saying that, I know I will have more one night stands, it increases my self confidence. Especially when one of them Said I was fantastic at sucking chode.
    Lol'd.

ReputationRep:
    I do have casual sex sometimes and to be honest, I couldn't really tell you why. I think it's cos I'd rather have sex with someone I'm not emotionally attached but think is attractive, than someone who I have feelings for and run the risk of getting hurt. That make any sense? Eh, whatever, it works for me and I have fun.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of people who have casual sex and the reasons for them doing so are vastly overstated and their reasons are often given a distorted positive skew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    Good point about increasing self-confidence, but what's "sucking chode"?!

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually, but I have done before a couple of times, mainly with guys I've known for a while when I bump into them on nights out or something. I'm young, and when I am free and single, I don't see the harm in it if you're attracted to each other and play it safe.

ReputationRep:
    If I had only had sex with girls I had feelings for I would still be a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baffled_mathman)
    Good point about increasing self-confidence, but what's "sucking chode"?!
    Giving blow jobs

ReputationRep:
    The idea of casual sex is completely alien to me too. You're not alone op.

I've had one sexual partner, and we were in a loving relationship. I just couldn't be that physically intimate with someone I barely knew. I know I'd feel awful the next day.

A male friend of mine asked me why I hadn't slept with one of our mutual friends and I told him 'because I don't have casual sex, I only have sex in relationships' and he look so bewildered, like it was a completely foreign subject to him. lol.

ReputationRep:
    I get horny really easily. So a little big of attraction is enough for me, I don't need the emotional input. I'd get no sexytime if I sat around waiting for someone to get close to! :woo:

I don't get close to people in life generally, maybe a little bit emotionally close, but no physical intimacy, so getting wasted and ****ing a stranger is a reasonable option, although it's been a long while since I even bothered with that.

ReputationRep:
    Well i don't really have experience to speak either way, but having casual sex is just that, its not something that you should or would expect to be foundations for a strong relationship. But that's not why people do it. It's a personal choice and if no-one gets hurt what does it matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    I find it odd when I hear people talk about how they've had sex with strangers they met for one night in a bar, or a one-night stand with someone they only know a little bit. I guess I can sort of understand the former if it's an attraction, heat of the moment thing.. but I also find it really weird when people sleep with someone who they clearly don't trust or have real feelings for, judging by the number of threads on here going "I don't trust him, what if he..." and "I regret doing this!" and "omg what will happen" etc.

I couldn't really imagine having sex with someone who I didn't have strong feelings for/ love and trusted absolutely, and the concept of a ONS with a randomer is alien to me, but I feel like the odd one out in this - most people I know don't have a problem with it and have at least done it once or twice.

I'm not judging anyone who does do it, because it's their choice and I don't have a problem with it, but I just want to know if I'm alone in feeling this way, and for the people who do do it, why?

For the record, for me it's not a case of waiting for "The One" - I doubt I'll have just the one relationship in my lifetime - but just not wanting to have sex with someone I don't really care about.
    The world needs more girls like you. Don't give in to it, hypocritical or not, most guys don't want a relationship with a promiscuous girl - girls like you are keepers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Are you a member of the Phelps family church?
    What?! :rofl:

There is some middle ground between being a **** and religious fanatic...

ReputationRep:
    Sex is putting your **** in a vagina. It's not all OH I LOVE YOU LET'S RUN AWAY TOGETHER like in rom com movies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    What?! :rofl:

There is some middle ground between being a **** and religious fanatic...
    Enjoying something natural does not = ****. Wake the **** up, we're not in the 19th century any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    Enjoying something natural does not = ****. Wake the **** up, we're not in the 19th century any more.
    I never said enjoying sex made one a ****.
    Why are you trying to pick a fight with me, of all people, when there are proper religious mentalists on the forum? Go pester them.

On the one hand, I wouldn't hae sex with someone till pretty far into a relationship. O the other, I can see myself having a couple of ONS, which would be just that - no seeing the guy for a day or a week before, just meet, sex, leave.

I think it's something to do with emotions - I couldn't be hurt by someone on a ONS dumping me or whatever - it's part of the contract, you can't get dumped. Do it safe, tell someone where you're going and whom with. Then there's no need for a lot of trust.

I could be hurt by somebody I'd just started a relationship with - I'd wait, probably quite a long time, to have sex, till I really trusted them and cared deeply or loved them.

(Original post by Oswald Mosley)
    Usually, straight after the point of orgasm, I grab my phone and text my mate "Ten points for Gryffindor!"
    Lol, not sure if your being serious or not but that was exactly what my best friend texted me when she lost her virginity... don't even ask why!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.