Turn on thread page Beta

Business Studies, Clueless On How To Answer "To What Extent" Questions watch

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea on how to answer "to what extent" questions.
    What is the question asking me? Do I reply "To a very large extent" or something?
    Example:
    To what extent should John consider the complaints from his stakeholders?

My friend told me that the question is basically asking why should John consider the complaints from his stakeholders, which wouldn't be too hard to answer at all, but I seek confirmation.
    Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It is basically asking you to construct a simple argument for the for and against reasons for considering the complaints. If a huge corporation 'considered' ALL complaints to a large extent then it would probably be damaging to the company and make them less efficient. It is points like this you should make when answering such questions

ReputationRep:
    For the question you gave.

You will need to say the FOR reasons for considering the complaints, as well as the AGAINST factors.
    The main point of to 'what extent' comes in where you have to describe, in a way, a 'cut off point'.
    For example, you say.. 'Well John should always consider complains, however not when the cost of doing so is greater than the benefit it gives' Stuff like that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.