Turn on thread page Beta

Please give me some advice. watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've just booked my 4th test for 8th April at 1.40pm. I am SO determined. I am SICK of spending money on driving, I am so desperate to pass, I want to be able to drive this summer, it would solve so many problems.

Can anyone give me any advice? Each time I've failed it's just been STUPID mistakes, that I kick myself over for ages because they're just so dum. It's my awareness thats the problem really.. though it doesnt really reflect in my hazard perception test, I got 61/75 on that.

I've got the belief I can do it, and I keep reminding myself how completely amazing it would be if I passed, I'm just terrified each time of making more stupid mistakes...

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you're over thinking it. Just relax. I know everyone says this but if you're nervous it will make your driving worse. I managed to pass on my first time and I tried to stay calm. If its observation thats the problem just always keep it in the forefront of your mind.

Good luck Xx

ReputationRep:
    Try and not to worry too much, just focus on your driving and just think that you are dropping the examiner home whilst he/she telling you the way..

ReputationRep:
    Where are you most common errors? Practice makes perfect, so be sure to organise some mocks with your instructor and go out in your own car (if you have one). Preparation is key, but try not to be nervous - keep the butterflies at bay to avoid another failure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    I am SICK of spending money on driving, I am so desperate to pass,
    Unfortunately it gets alot more expensive after passing

Pretty sure there are dozens of advice threads over the first few pages that all say the same thing No words are going to help you pass :/

ReputationRep:
    i failed my driving test three times.
    i passed on my fourth. on the day of the test i was so nervous, and pissed off at the same time, because i have spent so much money on driving lesson and i keep failing. that day i promised myself if i fail again i will give up and stick to public transport lol.
    but thank God i didnt fail.
    just remember to stay positive. dont be so nervous and dont be so hard on yourself. my first time i've failed it was because i was so nervous i confused myself.
    just relax and pretend the examiner is just another friend that you driving with. listen properly to the instruction s/he gives you. if you make a minor mistake, don't get yourself worked up about it. take a deep breath and keep going.
    good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Practice as much as you can at every opportunity, it will build your confidence. The more confident you are the less intimidating it will seem.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I'd postpone my test for another 2 weeks or so and cram in as MUCH practice as possible. If your awareness is what's making you fail then it means you're still thinking about the actual driving which is taking your focus away from other things.
    After your practice you'll have the mentality that you can drive (operate the car naturally) and once you go into your test with that mindframe, you'll pass

Good luck

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.