Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pah, can anyone else write if they got an email when they do? Just currently waiting for anything, be it email or website! I guess if they send emails individually it might take a while to get through people...

EDIT: it;s officially up on the website. Not my lucky day it seems...

ReputationRep:
    I think they only sent letters to the top 20, who all got at least a commendation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylegscranes)
    I think they only sent letters to the top 20, who all got at least a commendation.
    And where do you get that information from? Bit of a random number to pick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellettwm)
    And where do you get that information from? Bit of a random number to pick
    Well my school got emailed telling them that they had a final shortlist of 20 and that they all were at least commended.

ReputationRep:
    Well my school got emailed telling them that they had a final shortlist of 20 and that they all were at least commended.
    Oh right, cool

ReputationRep:
    I take it that 20 is for all 3 awards, not just history?!

And does anyone know how many people entered this year? Just curious

ReputationRep:
    I was told that the final shortlist was 20 people just for history. They said the entry was particularly strong this year and that several commended essays were as good as wining essays of previous years. and there were around 200 entries apparently.

ReputationRep:
    I was told that the final shortlist was 20 people just for history. They said the entry was particularly strong this year and that several commended essays were as good as wining essays of previous years. and there were around 200 entries apparently.
    So did everyone got emails or not...? My teacher hasn't heard anything about wheter I was shortlisted or whatnot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellettwm)
    So did everyone got emails or not...? My teacher hasn't heard anything about wheter I was shortlisted or whatnot...
    My friend found out that she was shortlisted from an individual letter she received (I think sent out at the same time as the winners' letters)
    I haven't received an email, so guessing you get one if something's specific?...

ReputationRep:
    yeh well i received a letter as well and then my school were emailed, i don't know if they email everyone. probably not if they had 200 entries!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.