The Student Room Group

8 exams within 10 days

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm supposed to have 4 exams on the same day (going into overnight isolation though)
I have all my written exams in a period of 8 days.

I only have 3 though :tongue:
I have 8 exams in 10 days, too... 2 History, 2 Chemistry, 1 Physics and 3 maths :/

Then I get a ten day break and have 5 exams in the space of about 2 weeks.

Awful :tongue:
Reply 43
Original post by Becca :)
I'm supposed to have 4 exams on the same day (going into overnight isolation though)

How does that work nowerdays?

My form tutor said years ago that he had to take a student home with him to watch them. But he said that for all he knew they were phoning a freind up who had done the exam - it would be perverted and against human rights probably for both people to watch a student from when schools ends to 9am the next day.

can you revise during that night of isolation? what stuff can you have with you?
I'm quite happy with my AS timetable - 6 in 8 days. One day I have both History and Latin Lit, but mostly it's quite nice.
Reply 45
Original post by Nix-j-c
I've seen on other threads that people have about 8 or even 10 ! exams! for A-levels this may/june.

But has anyone else got them this closely packed?

Plus mine are all in May, before we go on study leave!

I have 8 in 10 days.

I have 3 exams on one day as well. Great. :frown:
Reply 46
Original post by Nix-j-c
I've got stats and biology on the same day (AM and PM luckily) the rest are on different ones.

I have that, and then I have Class Civ clashing with Bio on top of it. :confused:
Reply 47
Back in my day I had 8 exams over 2 days, let alone 10!
Reply 48
Original post by Nix-j-c
How does that work nowerdays?

My form tutor said years ago that he had to take a student home with him to watch them. But he said that for all he knew they were phoning a freind up who had done the exam - it would be perverted and against human rights probably for both people to watch a student from when schools ends to 9am the next day.

can you revise during that night of isolation? what stuff can you have with you?

I'm allowed to go home but my parents have to pick me up from my exam room in the afternoon and drop me off there the following morning. I think I'm allowed to revise for my next exam in isolation because I won't know what's on it, but obviously I'll check this out!
However, I'm not allowed to meet anybody who's sat the exam or may know what's on it (so basically I'm just not going to be allowed out of the house haha) and I can't use a phone or the internet (or fax, but considering I don't have a fax machine I don't think that'll be a hardship!)
Reply 49
Original post by Becca :)
I'm allowed to go home but my parents have to pick me up from my exam room in the afternoon and drop me off there the following morning. I think I'm allowed to revise for my next exam in isolation because I won't know what's on it, but obviously I'll check this out!
However, I'm not allowed to meet anybody who's sat the exam or may know what's on it (so basically I'm just not going to be allowed out of the house haha) and I can't use a phone or the internet (or fax, but considering I don't have a fax machine I don't think that'll be a hardship!)

ahh okies, how do they know you're not though? And not saying you're dishonest but i'm surprised they trust parents to do this considering aprents usually want their kids to do a good as possible . . . that why my form tutor had to take that girl home years ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Nix-j-c
ahh okies, how do they know you're not though? And not saying you're dishonest but i'm surpirsed they trust parents to do this considering aprents usually want their kids to do a good as possible . . . that why my form tutor had to take that girl home years ago.

I don't really know :/ i mean my parents will isolate me because it's just fair but I can see that a lot of people probably wouldn't be properly isolated in these circumstances. Up until a few days ago I thought that I was going to have to be isolated by a teacher because I also thought that isolation meant not going home, but then our exams officer told me the rules had changed and I could go home! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest