Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Are you girls attracted to shy guys? What makes them attractive if they hardly talk? What if he never talks to you?
    Dear TSR,

Please understand that these matters are subjective, and what is attractive to one individual will be a total turn-off to the next.

Sincerly,
    Every freakin' user who is bored of these "Am I attractive..." threads.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy, so you might not really give a **** about my answer. But I much prefer shy guys.

I think the ideal is a balance between being shy and confident... not cocky and egotistical; quite shy in a modest and cute way. Quietly confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Where did I claim they did? Learn the nuances of a language. Prick.

As above. Prick.
    Stop being such a keyboard warrior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Dear TSR,

Please understand that these matters are subjective, and what is attractive to one individual will be a total turn-off to the next.

Sincerly,
    Every freakin' user who is bored of these "Am I attractive..." threads.
    this post isnt going to stop people making these threads. if anything, more of these threads will appear. i dont know why you bother posting this.

ReputationRep:
    shy people are usually quiet....and those who are quiet are mysterious.
    and for me, mystery is interesting.

ok, so it's not exactly a turn-on as such, but its definately not a turn-off :]

No they are not a turn off I don't like cocky arrogant guys they think everyone loves them.
    I like a shy guy now :love: but he is painfully shy until you talk to him anyway
    He is so cute and no one wants to be his friend because he's shy but I make the effort to talk to him if no one else does because he's a really sweet guy when you get to know him.
    It's just confusing when he stares and looks away, or stares and looks pissed off, or stares and doesn't say anything. Those times I get confused and don't talk to him because I think he's annoyed with me.

ReputationRep:
    its cute too shy is annoying you gotta have some confidence. but i always feel a lot more confident around shy lads. thats why i always date/go out with shy guys

ReputationRep:
    No they're not a turn off. I can also be shy myself so it can be harder starting a conversation with some , other ones I get on with easily . I like knowing that theres more to them then what you see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Are you girls attracted to shy guys? What makes them attractive if they hardly talk? What if he never talks to you?
    http://www.awesometoast.com/wp-conte...l_facepalm.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    I'm definitely more attracted to shy guys than noticeably loud, confident ones - they're just more likely to be my kind of guy. However, shyness to the point of not being able to hold a decent conversation when I'm just being friendly gets a bit wearing, I'll assume he's not interested and then will be less likely to approach him again.

Ideal guy = shy at first but turns out to be fun-loving and crazy when you get to know them
    this

ReputationRep:
    omg. such a turnoff

Well im a quiet guy and I like a shy girl, we talk quite often. At first it was very awkward, i remember the first lesson I sat with her we didnt say a word to each other. But the next lesson we did had to do a practical so I got talking to her She is really beautiful and cute, and really interesting too :love: I wish I had the guts to ask her out, i'm pretty sure she'd say yes but just cant get myself to do it :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pressure)
    this post isnt going to stop people making these threads. if anything, more of these threads will appear. i dont know why you bother posting this.
    My opinion. Why did you write this?

ReputationRep:
    From all the females I've met, no it's not an attractive feature. And in fairness, I don't see why it would be. Who wants a pussy that's afraid to speak up?

You do realise there are degrees of shyness? Shy doesn't just mean unable to speak, total hermit and panics if anyone speaks to them...that's just the extreme

ReputationRep:
    Where did I claim they did? Learn the nuances of a language. Prick.

As above. Prick.
    The only prick is you. Did we hurt your feelings? awwww

Well im a quiet guy and I like a shy girl, we talk quite often. At first it was very awkward, i remember the first lesson I sat with her we didnt say a word to each other. But the next lesson we did had to do a practical so I got talking to her She is really beautiful and cute, and really interesting too :love: I wish I had the guts to ask her out, i'm pretty sure she'd say yes but just cant get myself to do it :sigh:
    You should do it before someone else asks her out and you wonder what if.
    There's even a thread about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.