Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So this guy who works at my favourite starbucks stares at me whenever i go in and does the whole prolonged eye contact thing whenever he speaks to me which sounds like nothing, but its bloody intense! I go so red whenever he does it.. but anyhoo trust me im not the type who gets all that much attention/goes looking for attention and i feel so stupid saying it but i really feel like there is a spark ! Plus he's about 6ft 4 and im 6ft, and tall guys usually take interest in me for obvious reasons.

So im taking inspiration from - http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...in-your-hands? - and putting My love life in Your hands....

What do i do?! I graduate this year and im feeling rather 'carpe diem' about things so how do i go about making something happen with the starbucks hottie?! Or should i wait and see if he makes a move? Im confused ! Remember if i ask him out and get turned down ill never be able to show my face in my favourite starbucks again ...

X

ReputationRep:
    Just saw this and it made me think of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK7QsyPJcnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK7QsyPJcnw

Not helpful or anything but it makes me chuckle

I just hope you aren't like the girl in this...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing to say, but My Love Life In Your Hands is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him out for a coffee.

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of a similar situation I was in with a tkmaxx hottie ;P
    Make something happen!
    Even if it isn't sucessful, at least you can say you tried
    Just pop in a friendly question, like..Whats your name?, just to break the ice (:

ReputationRep:
    Ice breaker, 'Did you know that stealing someone's coffee is called 'mugging'?'
    You're in his pants.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for introducing me to that guardian article.. how good is that

Do you guys ever chat? maybe try saying Hello next time your in, or making small talk to start off with and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    that's a nice blog but i've lost my faith in humanity from the poll answers, surely everyone should be doing everything in their right mind to ruin his love life forthe sake of hilarity?

ReputationRep:
    dont do it. baristas are meant to be friendly and make eye contact.. its part of their job. I wouldnt read anything into it. .but if you do ask him out prepare to be embarressed.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you could start small, saying something like "hi, yeah it's me again, you must be getting sick of me now" or something and see how he responds, as you say you go there a lot. Then work your way up to more chatting et voila!

ReputationRep:
    Order something with whipped cream on and then when he gives it to you lick your lips and say 'This isn't the only thing I want cream on :sexface:'

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.