Turn on thread page Beta

My mum is as controlling as **** & so uptight, it makes me feel like ****. watch

Okay, so my mum is obsessed with cleaning. She's so house proud because it's all that she has. She has no friends & doesn't work. So she's become obsessed with cleaniliness. I'm not even allowed to make a cup of tea because I'll "make a mess" not allowed to use a razor because I cut myself a tiny bit once, & i'm not allowed to use fake tan because it has "a horrible smell" and "ruins the sheets" (when I have used it before I've been very careful in making sure that it hasn't gone on the sheets so she just uses this as an excuse)

Today was pretty bad. She's never liked me to be honest. The anniversary of my sisters death was today, and she's just being a total *****. I heard her talking to my dad saying that she didn't want anything from mothers day off me so I just ripped up the card i had for her and threw it at her, and then so my dad hit me & my hand won't stop bleeding now :/

Anyway, I know we'll never get on. I just want to get out of this whole restriction thing. I mean I have to use disgusting hair removal cream instead of a razor! And I just want to be able to make a bloody tea for myself at home! (I work at a coffee shop ironically!)

She also critcised me for asking my 10 yr old brother for a pound to contribute to her mothers day present! Apparently that makes me a selfish *****, but I just wanted him to feel as if he was involved! :/

ReputationRep:
    i hope this is a troll, your sisters dead, it's the anniversary of that date, i think you mum has the right to be upset!

at least you aren't walking around with hairy legs, and a cup of tea isn't something to cry over. stop being so selfish.

cleaning is probably a way to stop being bored and cope with your sisters death.

although i think in a week or so you need to sit down and tell her how you feel, that you know how your sister dying affected her but you and your bro are still here and you need her to be there for you two. just dont turn it into a row.

(Original post by Bellissima)
    i hope this is a troll, you're sisters dead, it's the anniversary of that date, i think you mum has the right to be upset!

at least you aren't walking around with hairy legs, and a cup of tea isn't something to cry over. stop being so selfish.

cleaning is probably a way to stop being bored and cope with your sisters death.

although i think in a week or so you need to sit down and tell her how you feel, that you know how your sister dying affected her but you and your bro are still here and you need her to be there for you two. just dont turn it into a row.
    It's not a troll. She died 14 years ago. My mums just like that in general. I'm not selfish at all.

Anyone? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think there's anything we can advise. Your mum clearly has issues and from what you've written she doesn't sound like the kind of person who will sit down and talk about it. Will you be going to uni soon? I would just try to look forward to that and stay out of her way. Btw how would she know if you'd used a razor? Does she come into the bathroom to check?

(Original post by -honeybee-)
    I don't really think there's anything we can advise. Your mum clearly has issues and from what you've written she doesn't sound like the kind of person who will sit down and talk about it. Will you be going to uni soon? I would just try to look forward to that and stay out of her way. Btw how would she know if you'd used a razor? Does she come into the bathroom to check?
    I have my own ensuite everytime I have a shower she comes in and cleans it. She hoovers my room inside out everyday, she looks through everything. Even my bag when I come in, but if I did that to her she'd go nuts. I'm already at uni, stay at home though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have my own ensuite everytime I have a shower she comes in and cleans it. She hoovers my room inside out everyday, she looks through everything. Even my bag when I come in, but if I did that to her she'd go nuts. I'm already at uni, stay at home though.
    :eek: Is there no way you could move out? I don't know how you live with so little privacy.

ReputationRep:
    She squeezed you out of her vagina, have some respect.

ReputationRep:
    ohh i feel so sad for you, i wish i could help but i think that you should make your mum sit down and talk to her (after all she is your mum) and then if that doesnt work then try doing a sandwich year out in uni away from your home and this would make your family (including your mum) miss you etc and they will cherish the moments when you come over.
    I hope this helps, for now take the first advice, always plan ahead for things.

(Original post by d_star)
    ohh i feel so sad for you, i wish i could help but i think that you should make your mum sit down and talk to her (after all she is your mum) and then if that doesnt work then try doing a sandwich year out in uni away from your home and this would make your family (including your mum) miss you etc and they will cherish the moments when you come over.
    I hope this helps, for now take the first advice, always plan ahead for things.
    Nah there's no point she won't listen.

ReputationRep:
    Nah there's no point she won't listen.
    Have you tried talking to your dad about it, or is he mad with u aswell because you said he slapped you or something, you should try talking to someone about it in your family like grandmother or uncle or auntie. you are older than 18, so you have every right to move out if you want.

ReputationRep:
    wow, I thought my mum was bad

there's not really much you can do, you could try having a serious chat about it with either her or your dad, or if worse comes to worst, tell one of your teachers at school to talk to her or something

Sounds a lot like my mum.

I waited until I left for uni as my mother won't listen to reason or logic of any kind, it's easier to just leave.

(Original post by Refrigerator)
    wow, I thought my mum was bad

there's not really much you can do, you could try having a serious chat about it with either her or your dad, or if worse comes to worst, tell one of your teachers at school to talk to her or something
    Im 20

ReputationRep:
    Im 20
    then move out! you're old enough not to live with mummy and daddy anymore!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so my mum is obsessed with cleaning. She's so house proud because it's all that she has. She has no friends & doesn't work. So she's become obsessed with cleaniliness. I'm not even allowed to make a cup of tea because I'll "make a mess" not allowed to use a razor because I cut myself a tiny bit once, & i'm not allowed to use fake tan because it has "a horrible smell" and "ruins the sheets" (when I have used it before I've been very careful in making sure that it hasn't gone on the sheets so she just uses this as an excuse)

Today was pretty bad. She's never liked me to be honest. The anniversary of my sisters death was today, and she's just being a total *****. I heard her talking to my dad saying that she didn't want anything from mothers day off me so I just ripped up the card i had for her and threw it at her, and then so my dad hit me & my hand won't stop bleeding now :/

Anyway, I know we'll never get on. I just want to get out of this whole restriction thing. I mean I have to use disgusting hair removal cream instead of a razor! And I just want to be able to make a bloody tea for myself at home! (I work at a coffee shop ironically!)
    Umm...is no one else worried about the fact that her Dad hit her and now her hand won't stop bleeding?! If it's really bad, go to A and E, or at least make sure you are safe, can you go to a friend's house or something?

I know how upset parents can be on anniversaries of children...my sister died too and my parents are always odd around the date...but it's no excuse for hitting you!

then move out! you're old enough not to live with mummy and daddy anymore!
    Most people here stay at home for uni. None of my friends really want to move out! Don't wanna live on my own!

ReputationRep:
    i hope this is a troll, you're sisters dead, it's the anniversary of that date, i think you mum has the right to be upset!

I would neg you if I had any rep left. Just because it's the anniversary of her daughter's death, it gives her no right to be completely irrational. There is no excuse.

ReputationRep:

Don't be too harsh on op. Obviously she is saying this because it happens all the time, and today was obviously a tipping point. Aslo it was her sister aswell, im sure they both have a right to be sad.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.