Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are girls visually turned on at all by guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    I am, quite often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandingo666)
    "Clean up on aisle 4" is usually the result of women looking at me.
    may have been funny if it was original...

ReputationRep:
    Erm not really to be honest. I'll look at a guy and think that he's nice looking, but turned on? Nah.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's entirely the opposite of what you say actually.

Around the ages of 18-25, women tend to go for looks over anything else.

I know a guy who's 23 - already paid off his mortgage on his £900,000 house, a near genius intellect and a very kind predisposition. Very confident and self-assured.

But not great looking. Hence he gets no girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    Sorry, not really. but we'll notice if you're ugly
    So being attractive won't count in your favour, but being ugly will count against you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    So being attractive won't count in your favour, but being ugly will count against you?
    thats exactly what i thought. talk about completely illogical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    I think it's entirely the opposite of what you say actually.

Around the ages of 18-25, women tend to go for looks over anything else.

I know a guy who's 23 - already paid off his mortgage on his £900,000 house, a near genius intellect and a very kind predisposition. Very confident and self-assured.

But not great looking. Hence he gets no girls.
    How are his social skills? Not meaning to be rude, but if that's at all true chances are he's probably too intelligent to get on well with most people

Haha, on the tube I can get turned on when a hot guy is sitting next to me. But it's usually around the time when I am a few days before my period and I don't think I need to explain why, it's just nature.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I explained myself in the later post, I should edit it before everyone shoots me down. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnivores)
    sure why not man.why not.if i told you girls get turned on by tomatoes would you believe me?just wondering!
    http://wrotemeamanual.files.wordpres...D287%26h%3D320

ReputationRep:
    tbh i dont know if im just really weird, but how turned on i get is really just affected by what time of the month it is for me- i get a little turned on by really hot guys a day or 2 before my period. (sorry if that was too much detail, but there you go...)

ReputationRep:
    what, they all vomit?

ReputationRep:
    i am very shallow, so looks are really important to me, i don't care about wealth and stuff like that. Sadly there aren't that many good-looking guys around:sad:, but then I'm not much to look at either.

ReputationRep:
    How are his social skills? Not meaning to be rude, but if that's at all true chances are he's probably too intelligent to get on well with most people
    You can't be 'too intelligent to get on well with most people', it doesn't necessarily impede social skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pressure)
    I am NOT talking about celebrity guys or models. I am talking about regular guys at school, in university, on the street etc.

On this site, it appears that everyone thinks girls are not visually turned on at all, and that they don't have any primitive or natural urge to have sex, like guys do. Apparently according to people on here, girls only care about finding a partner who can provide them with financial security and a safe environment to bring up a child. They don't get turned on visually at all, so it begs the question why most guys bother to work out or play sport etc. beyond simply being healthy. Or why guys bother to dress well or get a good haircut when girls don't care about visual stuff on guys.

And the only reason why girls would care about a guy looking good is to give their children good genes.

It doesnt make sense when i see girls coming onto the fit, good looking guys in clubs, or the good looking guys with girls always around them. can someone please enlighten me?
    Yes we do. Girls can have just as strong a sex drive as males.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    i am very shallow, so looks are really important to me, i don't care about wealth and stuff like that. Sadly there aren't that many good-looking guys around:sad:, but then I'm not much to look at either.
    lol, so why do you have such high standards of men. To be honest, men don't really have the benefit of makeup, if there was no makeup, most women would look distinctly average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilson_smith)
    You can't be 'too intelligent to get on well with most people', it doesn't necessarily impede social skills.
    It doesn't necessarily impede social skills, no. But it can, so I'd disagree with your first statement.

It's more of a correlation to be honest. Most of the smarter people from my school wouldn't have been the ones I'd want to have a pint with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pressure)
    I am NOT talking about celebrity guys or models. I am talking about regular guys at school, in university, on the street etc.

On this site, it appears that everyone thinks girls are not visually turned on at all, and that they don't have any primitive or natural urge to have sex, like guys do. Apparently according to people on here, girls only care about finding a partner who can provide them with financial security and a safe environment to bring up a child. They don't get turned on visually at all, so it begs the question why most guys bother to work out or play sport etc. beyond simply being healthy. Or why guys bother to dress well or get a good haircut when girls don't care about visual stuff on guys.

And the only reason why girls would care about a guy looking good is to give their children good genes.

It doesnt make sense when i see girls coming onto the fit, good looking guys in clubs, or the good looking guys with girls always around them. can someone please enlighten me?
    Haha, good question.
    Well, a good look gets you interested but not "turned on". Guys can **** over just a picture.
    Like I don't date people I don't find attractive, however I would rather date an average looking guy with a good personality, compared to an amazing looking guy with a bit iffy personality.
    But yes, on the whole I think it is to do with the maternal nature of women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    lol, so why do you have such high standards of men. To be honest, men don't really have the benefit of makeup, if there was no makeup, most women would look distinctly average.
    I know! Because of make-up it looks like there are more beautiful women out there than men, even though an equal proportion of men and women are naturally good-looking(i think), but it's hard to judge. Anyway,I don't wear make-up

ReputationRep:
    Is there a reason why you hang around that particular isle? :holmes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.