Turn on thread page Beta

Who has self taught themselves the guitar and succeeded? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrejispanickin)
    Forget Periphery, try learning "On Impulse" or "The Price of Everything and the Value of Nothing" By Animals as Leaders.

Awesome songs.
    I'm not as familiar with Animals as Leaders. I really do get along well with Periphery. Think I'm going to start with Harvey Wallbanger by Chimpspanner though. The riffs in that are just :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Taylor Swift did.

ReputationRep:
    yess well i did, but i used a bit of help from youtube and then just lerned tabs, they are eisier than chords.

ReputationRep:
    I'm teaching myself and I'm not advanced, but I can play a few songs I found chords easier than tabs but I can do both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Try bending the note up and down very quickly as you play - that seems to help them ring out better when I do them.
    They take quite a bit of time to be able to do them consistently (and I can't do them 100% of the time now...more like 90-95%) but they a fun way of adding you improvised solos.

Though sometimes I get a little too addicted to them
    Dime did a video demonstration of it somewhere, he actually used the tremolo bar to get that huge squeal he was known for, sounds a bit different to other players. You can probably google or youtube it i'm sure
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by richwhite)
    Dime did a video demonstration of it somewhere, he actually used the tremolo bar to get that huge squeal he was known for, sounds a bit different to other players. You can probably google or youtube it i'm sure
    Yeah, for his signature ones you push the trem down, hit the pinch then pull it up and everything goes mental. I don't really have the right kind of bridge on either of my electrics to make it 'safe' to do things like that (plus I can't actually hit pinches with the trem pressed down easily)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.