Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For all medical schools if you meet the minimum requirement for GCSE's bar the ones who specify- like Oxford (C's minimum but really want 7A*s)- will the university look at your GCSE's again or will they use them as weighting for selecting for interview, and for the ones that do weight GCSE's how significant is the weighting with regards to the whole application.

I realise this is rather a general question so I would like to inquire about Barts, Manchester, Newcastle, and Lancaster please.

Thank you for your replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slew)
    For all medical schools if you meet the minimum requirement for GCSE's bar the ones who specify- like Oxford (C's minimum but really want 7A*s)- will the university look at your GCSE's again or will they use them as weighting for selecting for interview, and for the ones that do weight GCSE's how significant is the weighting with regards to the whole application.

I realise this is rather a general question so I would like to inquire about Barts, Manchester, Newcastle, and Lancaster please.

Thank you for your replies.
    For those you've specified i don't think there absolute GCSE whores such as Oxford, Kings or Birmingham but i'm sure they will take any GCSE performance into account when making decisions for interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    for those you've specified i don't think there absolute gcse whores such as oxford, kings or birmingham but i'm sure they will take any gcse performance into account when making decisions for interviews.
    2a* 7a 2b?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slew)
    x
    HERE IS ONE OF YOUR UNI's:

Lancaster: (info found here!)

"initially academic qualifications are considered and only those applicants whose achieved or predicted grades fulfil our entry requirements will progress"

GCSE Requirements:

GCSEs in nine subjects at a minimum of Grade C:
    - attained by the end of Year 11 and
    - at least a score of 15 points (where A*/A = 2; B = 1) from the nine
    - including: Core & Additional Science (or Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), English Language, and Mathematics (all at least grade B)
    - Preference may be given to applicants with a higher GSCE score.

I can't be ****ed to look up the others - :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetanus)
    HERE IS ONE OF YOUR UNI's:

Lancaster: (info found here!)

"initially academic qualifications are considered and only those applicants whose achieved or predicted grades fulfil our entry requirements will progress"

GCSE Requirements:

GCSEs in nine subjects at a minimum of Grade C:
    - attained by the end of Year 11 and
    - at least a score of 15 points (where A*/A = 2; B = 1) from the nine
    - including: Core & Additional Science (or Biology, Chemistry, and Physics), English Language, and Mathematics (all at least grade B)
    - Preference may be given to applicants with a higher GSCE score.

I can't be ****ed to look up the others - :awesome:
    Thats very good as I would have the maximum score so I wouldn't have to worry about that if applying there, clearly I'll have to do some research, go there, and see if it is right for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slew)
    Thats very good as I would have the maximum score so I wouldn't have to worry about that if applying there, clearly I'll have to do some research, go there, and see if it is right for me.

- yes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 1, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.