Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Help! I cannot go to school at the moment and I have just received my Art Exam topic from my teacher..... Structures. I am totally lost and school are not responding to my questions. What artists are people looking at for their ideas and inspiration? Do the structures HAVE to be buildings or can they be something more inspiring....skeletons maybe? Any advice people have been given by their teachers would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Any structures. Art topics are very loose. You could even do plant structures. Not sure about artists though, try googling.

ReputationRep:
    The topic is so broad its easy as pie. For example you could look at structure of government, then look at buildings with graffiti on, and do a whole project on political graffiti. Off the top of my head for an artist you could start with banksy and look at the bristol graffiti scene?

And of course you can look at skeletons, the structure of the body, create your own skeleton! Im doing BTEC ND Art and Design so im 2 years above you but what you need to learn is the topic titles are just starting points. As long as you have contextual research explaining your development and direction you can find an excuse to progress on to anything.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.