The Student Room Group

Having a pic of yourself on your profile - narcissistic?

Why do some people seem to think it's such a bad thing to have picture of yourself on your profile?
I always think it makes things a bit more friendly.

So, would you deem it vain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dont understand? when we create an account arent we supposed to let ppl know who they're talking with? arent we supposed to post our pictures and some of our info? just like facebook ..
Reply 2
Of course it isn't. It is called "facebook".
i have a picture on my account but it appears so small :colonhash:
Reply 4
I don't know about narcissistic but it helps me find new victims.......I mean friends of attractiveness that I can interact with on a one way basis.
Reply 5
This is such a massive waste of a thread.
Reply 6
I like seeing the faces of the people who p*ss me off/make me smile ;D
I have pics on my profile, it's called putting a face to a name init?
Reply 8
Original post by Veldrin
I don't know about narcissistic but it helps me find new victims.......I mean friends of attractiveness that I can interact with on a one way basis.

Lol this^^^^

Honestly there is nothing wrong with it. At least having a pic allows people to match a face to the post. It's the ones without pics you should worry about (not pointing any elbows ^^^^:wink: )
I like to know who I'm talking to :dontknow:
Reply 10
I prefer it when i know who i'm talking to, especially when someone inboxes me
having a pic of you as your display picture is 100% fine, what it's supposed to be.... having a folder called "meh....xxxxxx<3" with 100 pics of you posing (half of them looking the same) with the captions "ugly, fat, horrible, gross" is narcissistic and attention seeking, if you really thought you were ugly you wouldn't have a pic.
I think its quite brave :confused:
Original post by Bellissima
having a pic of you as your display picture is 100% fine, what it's supposed to be.... having a folder called "meh....xxxxxx<3" with 100 pics of you posing (half of them looking the same) with the captions "ugly, fat, horrible, gross" is narcissistic and attention seeking, if you really thought you were ugly you wouldn't have a pic.

Oh the crazy poses people do. Duckface... :frown: Lol@this article http://guyism.com/lifestyle/7-annoying-photograph-poses-that-prove-youre-a-douchebag.html
Reply 14
I think it depends what kind of picture it is.
If it's a pic of your face, smiling, or a photo snapped by or with friends, it's fine!
If it's a pic of you covered in cream with your legs spread open.... Or something else designed to make people go 'OMFG SO SEXYXYX', then I do think it's narcissistic.
Original post by Jennet
I think it depends what kind of picture it is.
If it's a pic of your face, smiling, or a photo snapped by or with friends, it's fine!
If it's a pic of you covered in cream with your legs spread open.... Or something else designed to make people go 'OMFG SO SEXYXYX', then I do think it's narcissistic.

This!
Reply 16
Facebook and TSR are a WASTE of your precious life.

I don't use facebook and use TSR to get answers to questions, not to show off my looks or personality to the anonymous cyber world.
Reply 17
I actually don't have a picture of myself. Shocking isn't it.
I don't think so..I like being able to see how they look like and matching it to their posts or whatever.
Reply 19
I wouldnt post my pics on here lol, i think some poeple from my college are on here so i dont want them to annoy me and stuff haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending