Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Having a pic of yourself on your profile - narcissistic? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't care, I even added a picture of me penis to my gallery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d_star)
    I wouldnt post my pics on here lol, i think some poeple from my college are on here so i dont want them to annoy me and stuff haha
    Lol I had a few pics of myself on here, then I started getting recognised from people from my college, so i decided to keep take them off. I prefer to stay incognito whilst expressing my views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U.S Lecce)
    Lol I had a few pics of myself on here, then I started getting recognised from people from my college, so i decided to keep take them off. I prefer to stay incognito whilst expressing my views.
    lol tell me about it, the comments iv put on TSR would be embarrassing if people from my college found out i put them lol. Not that theres anything wrong with the comments but...........:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    i used to have a photo of myself as a display picture. however people would send me messages telling me about how they liked the way i looked, etc, asking me to would 'meet' and stuff

so i removed it, and put a picture of my car as an avatar to make up for it (which reminds me, i need to update it as i recently got a new one) - and have received absolutely no attention since ;D

which is great, because i am not on tsr for dating - i am here to be a nuisance. and i believe that i have succeeded with this.
    ohhh yeahhh

ReputationRep:
    I used to be anti-picture, now I'm okay about it. I can always deny that it's me. Just so happens to be someone who looks a bit similar.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really see it as a narcissistic act if it's just a profile picture or something but if someone's posting copious of photos in the way that Bellissima described then I would find that excessive.

ReputationRep:
    > Implying the "Academic info" section isn't just as narcissistic

Oh I do like TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Postboards are made for self-obsessed vanity, just look at how many threads are about posting what you think whilst not reading anything anyone else posts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.