This discussion is closed.
Nafisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Whats the point with all the government measures in order to deal with traffic congestion, isn't it just a little too little to late. Just my personal view, of course!
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
Whats the point with all the government measures in order to deal with traffic congestion, isn't it just a little too little to late. Just my personal view, of course!
I dont actually care.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
I dont actually care.
Again... whats wrong with you, dont reply then !!!! no wonder you have bad rep!!!!!
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Again... whats wrong with you, dont reply then !!!! no wonder you have bad rep!!!!!
Again, I dont actually care!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've been saying this for years but I think most conjestion is caused by people using their cars too often when they can easily walk or get the bus/train. I think the answer is better public transports across the whole UK. For example all my neighbours have cars but if they work in the city centre they all tend to to get the bus. There buses are every 1 minute or better so are very reliable. Done properly public transport does work.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, lets just ignore the biggest externality associated with car use, brilliant idea as ever Nasfisa.
Nafisa
Rep:
?
(Original post by corey)
Yes, lets just ignore the biggest externality associated with car use, brilliant idea as ever Nasfisa.
Just an opinion...would prefer sound counter arguments....if poss...back up your claims please...if poss? (spelling my name right helps to)
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a lot of it is to do with opinion and images of public transport, simply improving it isnt enough, if people think its 'shoddy, dirty, scrubby' then they wont use it regardless of its actual integrity.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Absolution)
a lot of it is to do with opinion and images of public transport, simply improving it isnt enough, if people think its 'shoddy, dirty, scrubby' then they wont use it regardless of its actual integrity.
That is why the public need to be educated. There is some pathetic myth that only tramps use buses. This is not true, I can guarentee you doctors, lawyers etc use buses as well. Amsterdam has been car free for ages and it works so well. You just use bikes or trams to go every where. I would like to see more cycle lanes and stuff.

Manchester is slowly becoming an anti car city and more and more people are being put off going into the city centre with thier cars. There simply isn't enough space for all these cars in large cities.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
where i live the buses are totally crap and pricy too so you don't really have much but to drive. Saying that, it really annoys me when i see paretns driving their kids to my local first school cos i know full well most of them could walk there in less than 10 minutes
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just an opinion...would prefer sound counter arguments....if poss...back up your claims please...if poss? (spelling my name right helps to)
I did back up my claim, congestion is the biggest externality associated with car use, so any way the government seeks to improve it is worthwhile.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (542)
66.5%
No (273)
33.5%

Watched Threads