Turn on thread page Beta

If you could talk fluently in any other language watch

ReputationRep:
    Well the plan is to be fluent in Italian by the time I graduate, so it makes no sense to pick that (although I love it!). Which means......French. It's beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Latin for me. A pretty useless language in theory, but could be used a) to chat up girls, and b) show off how intelligent and educated you are. My second choice would be German, because it is such a cool, aggressive sounding language, and would mean I could do good Nazi impersonations.

ReputationRep:
    Arabic certainly.

ReputationRep:
    Aztec

ReputationRep:
    why does everyone want to speak Arabic?

ReputationRep:
    Arabic (Fus-ha) and Hebrew. I'm fluent in German and Somali.

(Original post by littlemissm)
    why does everyone want to speak Arabic?
    Probably because it is one of the most beautiful languages, spoken by more than 300 million people in the world, though only a few speak the proper poetic original Arabic.

ReputationRep:
    Italian or Japanese.

ReputationRep:
    Spanish
    Italian
    French

All three incredibly sexy languages. And very useful.

ReputationRep:
    It would be great to finally be fluent in French after sooo many years learning...

I'd also like to speak Arabic due to its versatility...

But above all, Turkish!

ReputationRep:
    Klingon.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely French. I've got some basic knowledge of German (been studying it as a second foreign language for five years, but my previous teacher didn't take it seriosly and albeit slightly better, things aren't all that different with my current one either). It'd be nice to be fluent in German but I don't consider it a beautiful language and it's not all that useful either. Sadly, my choice was limited to Russian or German. ;(
    Oh, and fluency in English would be great! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Definately Japanese. It flows really well imo.

ReputationRep:
    Spanish and Mandarin Chinese.

Two of the most useful languages on Earth, and Spanish is a very beautiful language too (imo).

ReputationRep:
    Scottish and Irish Gaelic. I know they're 'dead' languages. But so pretty...

EDIT: by 'dead' languages I mean that a lot of people consider them to be dead languages. I've been to areas where Scots Gaelic is spoken fluently and as a first language by the majority of people. So I know that these languages are still in use. But if the government gets its way Gaelic will be truly on its way out.

Point clarified hopefully.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Mandarin or Japanese

ReputationRep:
    Chinese Mandarin

ReputationRep:
    I can communicate effectively with native speakers of any language who know no other.

I swear grunts and points will suffice, my experiences being evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Japanese n
    Italian fo sho

ReputationRep:
    (1) Italian (2) Russian (3) Japanese

ReputationRep:
    arabic and french

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.