Turn on thread page Beta

If you could talk fluently in any other language watch

ReputationRep:
    Enochian or Parseltongue.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, would either have to be German or something Scandinavian (maybe Norwegian/Swedish or something slightly more random like Faroese).

ReputationRep:
    Arabic cos I already know Chinese and English

The video's been removed...what a shame!

From my own experience of my baby brother; when he was seven weeks old, a health visitor came to the house to do a routine assessment of his development and also to check that my mum was recovering after a particularly arduous labour.

My brother was in one of those 'baby bouncer' chairs on the floor and was in front of my mum who was sitting in her chair. The health visitor witnessed the two-way 'conversation' between my mum and brother. My mum would say something to the baby...he would listen..then, when she paused, he would respond by babbling. This sequence was repeated a few times until the health visitor interjected. She said that she had never seen an infant so young having such a developed sense of conversation - but then he was a very smart baby who has grown up into a very smart adult.

We underestimate how highly developed babies are because we don't spend enough time having the patience to observe and interact with them on a higher level.

ReputationRep:
    French (which, hopefully, I will be after a French degree XD ) Italian, Japanese or Finnish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    The video's been removed...what a shame!

From my own experience of my baby brother; when he was seven weeks old, a health visitor came to the house to do a routine assessment of his development and also to check that my mum was recovering after a particularly arduous labour.

My brother was in one of those 'baby bouncer' chairs on the floor and was in front of my mum who was sitting in her chair. The health visitor witnessed the two-way 'conversation' between my mum and brother. My mum would say something to the baby...he would listen..then, when she paused, he would respond by babbling. This sequence was repeated a few times until the health visitor interjected. She said that she had never seen an infant so young having such a developed sense of conversation - but then he was a very smart baby who has grown up into a very smart adult.

We underestimate how highly developed babies are because we don't spend enough time having the patience to observe and interact with them on a higher level.
    Cool, makes me actually look forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Spanish or Korean

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    I could teach you German but I am not frequently on TSR.

I love Spanish and French, and they're undoubtedly a lot more useful in virtually every context, but German sounds pretty awesome in full flow!
    Yay, finally someone like the German Language. It does sound cool lol. You could say I am one sided since I was born in Germany and speak and write it fluently but anyhoo. :lol:

(Original post by SarahT94)
    i could teach you :P .. and i would love to have a perfect english, but i think im far away from having this beautiful british accent that i dream of.
    Teach me Arabic please.

(Original post by W.H.T)
    Latin, so I could talk to dead people :borat:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exopaladin)
    Not sure, would either have to be German or something Scandinavian (maybe Norwegian/Swedish or something slightly more random like Faroese).
    Yay for choosing German.

(Original post by Casshern1456)
    Arabic cos I already know Chinese and English
    You would teach me Arabic

ReputationRep:
    defo arabic

ReputationRep:
    Japanese
    inb4weeaboo

JLPT at SOAS this July. u_u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Irish :love:

Or any Romance language really.
    Why the hell would you want to learn Irish?

(Original post by spocckka)
    Why the hell would you want to learn Irish?
    For the men. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Spanish. Bloody useful language.

ReputationRep:
    Russian without a shadow of a doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)

You would teach me Arabic
    I would but what could you teach me hah

ReputationRep:
    Mandarin, considering I'm living in China at the moment it would be pretty useful and I may have a hope in hell of passing my exams this June :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    I would but what could you teach me hah
    I could teach you German.
    Are you Irish? Your username reminds me of cecelia ahern, I love her books so much by the way. I know way off topic but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    For the men. :rolleyes:
    :rofl:

Gaeltacht farmers? Ex-provos? Uber-Catholic Irish nationalists who hate Britain? Barefaced communists? German folklorists?

Most of the Irish speaking men (many exceptions of course) I've come across seem to fall into one of these categories [/stereotype] :teehee: From your posts I don't think they'd really be your type.

EDIT: I am an Irish speaker too before anyone negs me

ReputationRep:
    Parseltongue.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.