Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If you could talk fluently in any other language Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lacelicker)
    Hmmmm Russian if it could be ANY language on earth, but I wish I could speak Welsh too!
    Please check out www.saysomethinginwelsh.com and download our free audio course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    No they're not. :facepalm2:
    They're not dead languages, but they are considered by those who know little about their practise to be 'dead'. That's why I put the word in inverted commas, because I hate it when people assume that just because they aren't widely used languages that they are in some way inferior or dead.

Don't be so fast to neg rep people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Travelling_Girl)
    Baby Language so that I could understand this:

That is so cute.

They're clearly communicating in some form as well.

ReputationRep:
    Mandarin!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Gaeltacht farmers? Ex-provos? Uber-Catholic Irish nationalists who hate Britain? Barefaced communists? German folklorists?

Most of the Irish speaking men (many exceptions of course) I've come across seem to fall into one of these categories [/stereotype] :teehee: From your posts I don't think they'd really be your type.
    You've got that right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicforsanity)
    They're not dead languages, but they are considered by those who know little about their practise to be 'dead'. That's why I put the word in inverted commas, because I hate it when people assume that just because they aren't widely used languages that they are in some way inferior or dead.

Don't be so fast to neg rep people.
    I didn't neg you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    Yay, finally someone like the German Language. It does sound cool lol. You could say I am one sided since I was born in Germany and speak and write it fluently but anyhoo. :lol:

Teach me Arabic please.

haha i would love to ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)

Merci! Alors, quelquefois le 'r roulé' c'ést facile, et quelque jours c'ést impossible. Peut etre c'est determiné par le temps? Ou l'alignement sur Jupiter? Je sais pas.
    haha pas mal , pas mal du tout !! vous parlez deja comme une française !

ReputationRep:
    Portuguese because its my deeper family language me and my mom are like the only one that dont speak it :<

errr or Cantonese/Mandrian cus most of my friends speak it :< and i'd like to understand what they r saying half the time :P

Spanish
    German
    and then
    Italian
    :teeth:

Gaeltacht farmers? Ex-provos? Uber-Catholic Irish nationalists who hate Britain? Barefaced communists? German folklorists?

Most of the Irish speaking men (many exceptions of course) I've come across seem to fall into one of these categories [/stereotype] :teehee: From your posts I don't think they'd really be your type.

EDIT: I am an Irish speaker too before anyone negs me
    I don't care, the Irish accent/language is ****ing hot. Well, the "nice" Irish accent. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    I don't care, the Irish accent/language is ****ing hot. Well, the "nice" Irish accent. :drool:
    if you say so :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahT94)
    i could teach you :P .. and i would love to have a perfect english, but i think im far away from having this beautiful british accent that i dream of.
    Could you teach me please?

ReputationRep:
    german then french then irish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahT94)
    haha i would love to ..
    Great. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Russian. With the accent, cz it sounds awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I would want to know either french, swedish or spanish.

On a side note I wonder if knowing german would ruin listening to rammstein for me. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein is crap when you know what the words mean... it takes all the fun out of it. 'ts why i stopped translating after Du Hast.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.