The Student Room Group

Student loan 'special support grant' question

Is this the grant given to students who are eligible for EMA and use it to pay for accommodation and food etc.. ? I can't seem to find the option/criteria that relates to me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you should choose the loan part based on ''household income'' which means you make your loan means tested. If you are eligible for EMA right now you may be entitled to something.

It should look like a slider where you set your household income (this is only a rough idea, they will take it further to determine your household income)
Original post by Jonario
Is this the grant given to students who are eligible for EMA and use it to pay for accommodation and food etc.. ? I can't seem to find the option/criteria that relates to me.

No it isn't.
It is a very specifically targetted grant, the criteria for which are easily found on google. It sis nothing to do with EMA.
If you can't find the criteria that relate to you it means you aren't entitled to it.
Reply 3
Original post by Jonario

It's designed more for single parents etc. You're thinking of the Maintenance grant.
Reply 4
Original post by glf2110
It's designed more for single parents etc. You're thinking of the Maintenance grant.

That's what I was thinking about in my reply.

Yea, 2 different things.
Reply 5
Original post by Jonario

I refilled my application for second year and wondered the same thing. Special support grants are for people with children etc if I remember rightly. You need to select income based assessment for your loan and that will automatically select a maintenance grant for you if you're elegible.

Quick Reply

Latest