Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am an IB student and I aspire to study either International Relations or International History in LSE. I do: HL - History, English, Biology; SL - Maths, Chemistry; Ab Initio - Japanese.

I would like to work in the UN in the future so I might go to law school in the future, but at the moment i just want to focus on getting into LSE, what should I do?!! Should I try get work experience in a law firm, and read more into the course, I guess it is harder to get in since there is no interview so i cannot really wow them. Moreover, should i not apply to Oxbridge to improve my chances of getting into LSE? HELP?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver)
    Hi, I am an IB student and I aspire to study either International Relations or International History in LSE. I do: HL - History, English, Biology; SL - Maths, Chemistry; Ab Initio - Japanese.

I would like to work in the UN in the future so I might go to law school in the future, but at the moment i just want to focus on getting into LSE, what should I do?!! Should I try get work experience in a law firm, and read more into the course, I guess it is harder to get in since there is no interview so i cannot really wow them. Moreover, should i not apply to Oxbridge to improve my chances of getting into LSE? HELP?!!
    Hmmm, i'm not sure about overseas students... Though my friend aimed for International Relations at LSE and didn't get in with:
    6A* 5A'S at gcse and AABB AS with AAA predictions for A2.

Though it is all accessed on an individual basis so someone with these predictions or lower may have got in, they look at your application as a whole including references and personal statement. I would expect, however, that for the IB you would probably need high 30's possibly 40's? check on their website. Plus I don't *think* they compare domestic students with overseas

I tried for Law and didn't get in, but I knew it was a mega risk for me as I wasn't a top candidate, I just knew I had to try !

Work your hardest, do plenty of work experience if possible, get top grades and make sure your teachers love you so they give you a great reference! That's all I can say!

P.S wouldn't have thought Oxbridge would affect anything, in fact, someone I know got into Camb and LSE so...!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.