Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "ohh the banter!"

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...0ad42f77be.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    People who use the word banter think that interacting with people is a skill at which they are well practised and good. It demonstrates a failure to appreciate that they are congratulating themselves for succeeding at something I expect anyone to be able to do so long as they aren't retarded.
    You'd think so, but the amunt of boring people you meet that doesn't always seem to be the case. Makes you appreciate someone with good craic a lot more when they come along

ReputationRep:
    i'm always told i'm good for banter haha! girls can banter, as long as they're not easily offended :P

ReputationRep:
    Women lack in banter because we have sammiches to make, you cannot expect us to be able to perfect this dying art when sammiches do not answer back.

ReputationRep:
    'banter' doesn't exist in my native language - how do you guys define it?

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that at my (all-girls') school we have a lot of banter (or ****ging as we call it in Norn Iron) but it seems to disappear in social occasions where we are in the company of boys. I think it's a confidence thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm Northern Irish, therefore I'm a bantersaurus rex.
    It is built into our DNA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    I've noticed that at my (all-girls') school we have a lot of banter (or ****ging as we call it in Norn Iron) but it seems to disappear in social occasions where we are in the company of boys. I think it's a confidence thing.
    I will refer you to my comment above!!! lolol

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE girls who are good at banter, it's definitely the number one personality trait I find attractive. Especially when girls don't mind about swearing (themselves), and have a silly/sarcastic sense of humour I invariably end up liking them. A lot.

ReputationRep:
    who even cares??

im sarcastic as hell but LAAAAAAAAAAADS woo!! shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahcar)
    I will refer you to my comment above!!! lolol
    All our banter seems to revolve around upa ra and mass jokes, very norn iron :getmecoat:

sigh

ReputationRep:
    In my experience it's rare. I have two friends who are good for banter, the rest I know are your standard girls (not good for jokes back and forth without some issue or w/e). It should be said that the two girls for banter are much more chilled and laid back than most girls and I definitely like that.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Actually saying "I'm good at banter" means that you probably aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    All our banter seems to revolve around upa ra and mass jokes, very norn iron :getmecoat:

sigh

Even still, if anybody else came off with jokes like that it would be such terrible banter. We just pull it off because we're naturally witty and exponentially banterous :cool:

(we also make up words to try and make ourselves sound cooler... or is that just me? hahha)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.true-lass.com/

Shut down. Even the sites owners realised that girls have no banter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahcar)

Even still, if anybody else came off with jokes like that it would be such terrible banter. We just pull it off because we're naturally witty and exponentially banterous :cool:

(we also make up words to try and make ourselves sound cooler... or is that just me? hahha)
    This is the truth.

I often find English people can't tell the difference between joke sectarianism and real sectarianism too. It's easy to take "brits out" (said with a ridiculously exaggerated accent) the wrong way apparently. :rofl: (it was a very awkward moment).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.