Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why don't the government just refuse to pay it back watch

ReputationRep:
    Well why waste time paying back debts and making cuts when you can just refuse to pay it back my solution is flawless and anyone who disagrees will be nuked because the UK owns nukes and we aren't afraid to use them.

ReputationRep:
    Because no one would trust us again and if we threaten them they'd probably join forces with other countries we owe money/have pissed off and together they'd gang rape us.

ReputationRep:
    we are legally bound to pay it back

ReputationRep:
    Cool story Bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacktri)
    Well why waste time paying back debts and making cuts when you can just refuse to pay it back my solution is flawless and anyone who disagrees will be nuked because the UK owns nukes and we aren't afraid to use them.
    Because why would anyone lend to us again after that? And the lenders who owe us money most likely live in countries that also own nukes and perhaps also 'aren't afraid to use them.'

ReputationRep:
    they lend you money, then you kill them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    we are legally bound to pay it back
    They make the laws they can change the laws

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luhar)
    they lend you money, then you kill them?
    Well that will teach then for being so naive

ReputationRep:
    They make the laws they can change the laws
    Well that will teach then for being so naive
    lol, i'm not going to waste my time on this one...

ReputationRep:
    You're right, the UK is easily the biggest military power on the planet...

Oh, wait :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovedubstep)
    Because why would anyone lend to us again after that? And the lenders who owe us money most likely live in countries that also own nukes and perhaps also 'aren't afraid to use them.'
    It will blow over in a few years only a few hundred years ago the Americans were evil traitors to the crown now we are happily sailing round the world hand in hand and we will just have to label any opposition terrorists and invade them before they nuke us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    You're right, the UK is easily the biggest military power on the planet...

Oh, wait :erm:
    We will become friends with China then together with our buddy USA we will be the unstoppable trio

ReputationRep:
    We will become friends with China then together with our buddy USA we will be the unstoppable trio
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    We can. That's what happens when we default on loans. What happens then is that the government becomes seen as untrustworthy and are considered a high-risk group to loan to. We destroy our international credit rating.

That's my rough understanding to it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because none of the debt is owned to businesses and people living in the UK, none at all :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    Right, i saw how the great buddy USA helped out immensely in the Falklands ****storm a few months ago.

And im sure China will willingly team up with Team America and Britain, considering most of the debt is owed to China.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    We can. That's what happens when we default on loans. What happens then is that the government becomes seen as untrustworthy and are considered a high-risk group to loan to. We destroy our international credit rating.

That's my rough understanding to it.
    Who cares about our international credit rating I thought the aim was to stop borrowing money not paying off all the debts then starting new debts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    Yes because none of the debt is owned to businesses and people living in the UK, none at all :rolleyes:.
    Then those people and businesses will be destroyed for treason we shal plant the evidence and the public will lap it up and call for their heads

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about our international credit rating I thought the aim was to stop borrowing money not paying off all the debts then starting new debts
    Because then no one will loan us money. We need money.

The stated goal is to balance the deficit, not stop borrowing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusilero)
    Because then no one will loan us money. We need money.

The stated goal is to balance the deficit, not stop borrowing.
    what do we need money for we already have roads and schools do we really want yachts for everyone too?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.