Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I understand the theory for the exam in June... but have no idea how to set my answers out, can someone explain to me how to to structure the exam answers?!

ReputationRep:
    There are some top tips here and I'm going to add some more stuff on exam technique and the other AOs at the end of next week, with a bit of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks The first bullet point for the questions is mainly AO1 and AO3 and the 2nd is AO2. I was wondering if I should write my response to the first bullet point, then lead onto the 2nd or would it be better to blend them both in with each other?

ReputationRep:
    You can do either, but the more answers I've seen the more I think a two-part response is better. As long as you make links between the two parts and don't treat them as separate essays (e.g. make sure you refer to specific examples and quotes from the texts and data when you talk about wider AO2 themes) you should be fine.

Quote from principal examiner's report for Jan 2011: "Often it was those candidates who wrote two "mini-essays" that did best as they were able to hit all the assessment objectives."

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.