Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

******* Up Relationship watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dunno what I am spose to dO....

I have known this guy for a year now, had BFnGF relationship for 3 months he broke it off! yet we still talk n he always wants me to ring him

the thing is we are no longer in that type of relationship but still talk to each other as if we are a potential relationship uuhhhhh its frustrating :mad:

he chooses when to reply to me sometimes and gives me mixed signals what does he want me to do?

should I see him again, is it worth it it I dunno

need some advice from you guys:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^ 2 u

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you're wanting this to become more than it will be; it seems like... well he might just want to hook up later if he's interested, but he's looking at other things now, in terms of boyfriend and girlfriend, you don't seem to be a priority.

I would say that you should either think about stopping "that" with him (talking like there is a future between you two) or if you're looking for a boyfriend, find a new one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    It seems like you're wanting this to become more than it will be; it seems like... well he might just want to hook up later if he's interested, but he's looking at other things now, in terms of boyfriend and girlfriend, you don't seem to be a priority.

I would say that you should either think about stopping "that" with him (talking like there is a future between you two) or if you're looking for a boyfriend, find a new one.
    I do feel like hes not serious about me but why would he still want me to ring him.. I am thinking I'm not that important to him

ReputationRep:
    any other advice would be much appreciated have any of you lads kept a girl on the scene for so long without any serious intentions?

ReputationRep:
    i think young spade hit it on the head tbh? either he likes you or hes keeping his options open :s not nice to say but sounds like it

ReputationRep:
    i think you've typed an extra asterisk in your title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteChocolate)
    i think young spade hit it on the head tbh? either he likes you or hes keeping his options open :s not nice to say but sounds like it
    if he is keeping his options opened then do guys like that ever commit to one?

ReputationRep:
    My friend is in the same situation. I will tell you exactly the same thing as I told her. he is a prick and is usuing you. He will hurt you again. Get out of it before you get too far into it again...

ReputationRep:
    Relationship trouble sucks and at the end of the day it is completely up to you. All this advice won't tell you what YOU should do because none of us know the full situation etc.

If it were me, I'd confront him and ask him what he wanted. I don't know whether that's the wisest thing to do but at least I'd know what position I was in. Also it sounds like you do want him back which might mean that you see things which aren't there.... Then again he might just be keeping his options open but I'm unsure that if that was the case...he would be able to fully commit to you. :/ hope this helps a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purebeauty)
    I do feel like hes not serious about me but why would he still want me to ring him.. I am thinking I'm not that important to him
    He might be sexually attracted to you or... well you know, attracted physically to you. Guys tend to be physically attracted to good looking women.

ReputationRep:
    if that's how he treat you i doubt he is serious with you.

ReputationRep:
    He's playing with ya sweetheart, he most likely wants you to call him because doesn't want to waste his minutes on you. Plus you should ignore him for a little while and see what happens i.e. if he gets back to you. If he doesn't, he obviously doesn't care about you.

Don't let him fool ya.

ReputationRep:
    hate to say it but it sounds like he's keeping you sweet in case he has a 'dry spell' and wants some good old fashioned luving! aka sex or female company..... sorry

i knew a girl who had just the same issue and the above was the reason

just move on and stop 'playing to his tune' chat to him when you want and not just when he wants to. you have the power use it! x

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a married couple.

In other words:Get out whilst you still can!

ReputationRep:
    He's playin ya, wants to have his cake and eat it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.