Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Moving Out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I live with my family (2 parents, 3 siblings aged 9, 11, 14, a dog, 5 chickens and a hamster) in a 4 bed house in a village. I'm 19 and in college and I need space and independance that I can't get living at home.

I don't know what to do. Does anybody have any advice they want to share? I'm sort of stumped as to what to do...

Penguin xxx

ReputationRep:
    I would still visit my family. The thing is I'm the oldest of 4 kids and because both my parents work full time it falls on me to do almost all the chores, and when things go wrong, I get in trouble. I'm a full time student with part time employment, and almost no social life due to the amount of work I do. What would I be missing other than the chores? All I do is housework, coursework, and babysit. I don't remember the last time I got a hug from my mum, and as much as I love my family there is no room for me here.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to uni? If so just wait til then to move out. It seems a bit drastic/expensive otherwise. In the mean time talk to your parents about dividing chores more equally, the others should help out too, especially the 14 year old. And I know what you mean about being the eldest, it's not fun.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.