Turn on thread page Beta

Advice about travelling to and spending time in New York/Orlando please? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll either be in Washington or New York on 15th August after camp then have roughly 2 weeks to travel. I'd like to start planning it roughly but this is subject to change as I meet people who might want to go elsewhere. I have a limit of about £1k (so about $1,500) to spend travelling, including getting back to New York where I have a flight home, but could go slightly over that cost if I really wanted to do something.

I've looked into trek America and tbh don't think you get a lot for your money. Green tortoise is better but their east coast trips aren't as good as their west coast and I'd prefer to go east coast.

I'm unsure whether to travel by plane or bus. I know most people prefer bus but as the two areas I'd like to see are New York and Orlando which are opposites end of the east coast I'd rather spend an extra day exploring america rather than sitting on a bus...I have two weeks max to travel, no more.

They key areas I'd like to see are:
    - 2+ days in Universal Studios in Orlando. I've found a decent looking hotel really cheap that has a free shuttle to Universal and plan to stay for at least two days to be able to see everything in the park. I was wondering if anyone know how easy it is to get from the airport to Universal Studio (the hotel is about 10 mins away)? Taxi or bus? I have no idea how practical this is. And maybe visit Kennedy Space centre
    I've estimated that this will cost me $10 a night for the hostel + $135 for entry for two days to both parks + $38 for Kennedy Space centre. And about $150-$200 for a 3 hour direct flight from NY ($198 for a greyhound which takes 28 hours) or $120 for a flight from Washington.
    =$400 from NY.

- New York. Again I've found a hostel ($19-$30) just off from Central Park (like the block along) which is cheap and ideally located. Within New York I'd like to see the empire state building ($20 for 86th floor), statue of liberty ($20), go to central park and time square, perhaps do a trip where you see locations of where friends was filmed ($42) and maybe a broadway show (~$80), depending on what is showing when I'm there. Is there anything really worth doing that I've missed?
    I've been to London a few times and can navigate the tube system just, is the subway in NY similiar? Do they do day travel cards with unlimited travel, is this the cheapest way? Again how easy is it to get from JFK to NY centre to get to the hostel? How long would be reasonable to do all of this in? A week?
    =$190

- My camp is close to Washington so if I don't manage to get to see some of this while at camp where would people recommend? Obviously I want to see the white house but what else is good and cheap? (:

- Finally if I have enough money I'd like to nip upto Niagra falls (the US side) and do the maid of the mist cruise. Which will be about $100-$150 on organised trips, I haven't looked into doing it myself yet.

I could do either Orlando or New York first but I think my camp gives you a free lift back to New York so I could do this stuff then fly to Orlando (when American kids will be back in school) do that then fly back to New York and straight home.

If anyone has any hints/tips/think to look out/information about queuing times for about the places I've mentioned I'd greatly appreciate it! I know to plan Universal is key and go to the busiest places first. In terms of the empire state building is it worth going to 102nd floor?
    I have heard of the New York city pass and haven't quite worked out if it works out cheaper for me yet but will do closer to the time.

So what I've wrote so far costs about $700. Obviously I have not budgeted in food/travel prices as I don't know them. Both NY and within Universal Studios will be expensive but I will try to save costs as much as possible and buy food in multi packs for snacks and just eat meals out. Does anyone have experience of how much I should budget per a day?

Thanks so much in advance for anyone who takes the time to reply

ReputationRep:
    i wrote a massive reply and lost it :bawling:

Essentially:
    • PLAN how you'll get arround without a car
    • use single rider queues at universal
    • get butterbeer from the restaurant
    • New York is awesome!
    • DC's boring

ReputationRep:
    Consider checking out Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Disney World in Orlando. If you're into gaming you might also wanna check out Disney Quest. The queuing times will vary, and are likely to be busier in June, July and maybe early August (when it's vacation time for the US students). Generally though the queuing is pretty well organised. They used to have single riders queues (which were really convenient although not sure they have them anymore). There are also other attractions which are open for free during the night (e.g. the shops, bars, restaurants surrounding Disney Quest). There are also some really lush shopping malls that are worth a visit too. The food at the theme parks is quite pricey, so you might wanna just take food with you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_x)
    I'll either be in Washington or New York on 15th August after camp then have roughly 2 weeks to travel. I'd like to start planning it roughly but this is subject to change as I meet people who might want to go elsewhere. I have a limit of about £1k (so about $1,500) to spend travelling, including getting back to New York where I have a flight home, but could go slightly over that cost if I really wanted to do something.
    All I can say is, a bus from NYC to Florida sounds like hell. I would just fly.

If you don't have a car, easier to stick to city centres. I tried venturing outside city centres nr Boston and I couldn't even get taxis to pick me up. Not a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona344)
    i wrote a massive reply and lost it :bawling:

Essentially:
    • PLAN how you'll get arround without a car
    • use single rider queues at universal
    • get butterbeer from the restaurant
    • New York is awesome!
    • DC's boring
    Aww silly post disappearing! But thanks for your tips (: DC would literally be a few days if I did go, just popping in on breaks from camp or for a day or two after camp. I will be trying butterbeer, heard it is awesome (:
    Any ideas about costs for taxis? As I don't drive I will be relying on taxis or buses.

(Original post by WoWZa)
    Consider checking out Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Disney World in Orlando. If you're into gaming you might also wanna check out Disney Quest. The queuing times will vary, and are likely to be busier in June, July and maybe early August (when it's vacation time for the US students). Generally though the queuing is pretty well organised. They used to have single riders queues (which were really convenient although not sure they have them anymore). There are also other attractions which are open for free during the night (e.g. the shops, bars, restaurants surrounding Disney Quest). There are also some really lush shopping malls that are worth a visit too. The food at the theme parks is quite pricey, so you might wanna just take food with you anyway.
    Depending on how much time I end up spending there I might check out disney too, the hostel runs a shuttle there too Thanks for the tips about queues and food Does single rider really make that much of a difference? I'm guessing there won't be a big group of us going but if we all went in the single rider queue I don't mind waiting the 2-3 rides later for my friends to come off, surprised more people don't do this!

(Original post by No Future)
    All I can say is, a bus from NYC to Florida sounds like hell. I would just fly.

If you don't have a car, easier to stick to city centres. I tried venturing outside city centres nr Boston and I couldn't even get taxis to pick me up. Not a good idea.
    It does sound like hell tbh, that's why I would prefer to fly and it's not even much difference in price. I think all of the places in NY are city centre so should be able to get a taxi/subway, thanks for the tip though I will check out planning that more carefully (:

ReputationRep:
    Welcome =) The single riders line made a lot of difference. When I went on it you could pretty much go right back on the ride after it had finished. I'm not sure they have them anymore with some of the rides though. The Universal City Walk is also something you might want to consider for relaxing and entertainment. It's again free and seems to be an evening thing, with music, bars and clubs and restaurants.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is a lot of difference! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was great =) Although they didn't seem to have single riders queues after that. In the evening it seems to get less busier too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks (:
    When was it that you were last there?
    Could anyone confirm if they still have a few single rider queues?

And I've looked at getting from JFK to central park and there is a subway so it'll just be a matter of lugging my stuff around, I don't mind that Now just to get from Orlando airport to near universal...I'm guessing there will be some kind of bus service. Yes I am using this topic mainly to track my own planning as well as get advice lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_x)
    Thanks (:
    When was it that you were last there?
    Could anyone confirm if they still have a few single rider queues?

And I've looked at getting from JFK to central park and there is a subway so it'll just be a matter of lugging my stuff around, I don't mind that Now just to get from Orlando airport to near universal...I'm guessing there will be some kind of bus service. Yes I am using this topic mainly to track my own planning as well as get advice lol
    Can't speak for Disney, but Universal had single rider queues on a number of their rides in July, they improve efficiency immensely, so I don't see any parks getting rid of them.

There is a bus service in Orlando, I think it's called Lynx (they also run trips to Busch Gardens if you're interested), but don't assume it'll run from the airport to Universal, certainly not exactly when you want it. Public transport in the US isn't as comprehensive as it is here - only a few routes, limited hours, which is why it's necessarily to plan the logistics of your holiday if you're not renting a car. It'll still be possible to go wherever you want, just might take a bit more effort than a similar trip in Europe would. Are you staying on International Drive? If so, you could probably get some sort of shuttle bus from the Airport.

ReputationRep:
    A taxi from the airport will probably cost you around $50. There are bus services from some hotels and parks to the airports. I know Disney has many free bus services, but I'm not so sure about Universal.

I used to live in Orlando when working for Disney, so I will be happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    as far as traveling around NYC goes, how long will you be in NYC? cause if you're there for more than a couple of days, get the metro card that gives you unlimited rides for a week. especially if you want to go around a ton of different places in the city. but, if you're only there for 2-3 days or don't plan on using the subway much then just go for the normal card. also, i think they might give discounts to students (don't quote me on that) so you might want to check that out.

also, walking across the brooklyn bridge is amazing as far as views of the city goes, so you might want to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Greyhound is really cheap, but be aware that the stations are sometimes super sketchy. I definitely wouldn't go a long journey by bus like to Orlando. The scariest Greyhound journey I did was from Phoenix to LA, where the people were really creepy and loud. I've taken the bus from NY to DC, and it wasn't too bad... like, the station at NY is fine, and it's in a really convenient place, but at DC it was a bit dodgy. It's not like you'll definitely get murdered, but I'd just be careful if you're on your own. We booked in advance and it cost about $20 and the bus ride is 4 hours. Also, I'd definitely recommend getting the $5 priority boarding ticket thing, because they overbook pretty much all the time.

There's a pretty cheap hostel in Times Square, or so I've heard. If you're there, try entering the lottery for some Broadway shows (to get cheap tickets). Go to Dylan's Candy Bar to get frozen hot chocolate (we went to Serendipity, but there was a massive queue), and I'd definitely recommend the top of the Rockefeller Centre.

For food and stuff, I did it on a really tight budget. Costs are pretty much the same as they are over here, maybe a little lower. When I was in LA, I had like $30 to eat for 4 days, and it was fine. Although of course costs are higher if you're eating in theme park restaurants and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiona344)
    Can't speak for Disney, but Universal had single rider queues on a number of their rides in July, they improve efficiency immensely, so I don't see any parks getting rid of them.

There is a bus service in Orlando, I think it's called Lynx (they also run trips to Busch Gardens if you're interested), but don't assume it'll run from the airport to Universal, certainly not exactly when you want it. Public transport in the US isn't as comprehensive as it is here - only a few routes, limited hours, which is why it's necessarily to plan the logistics of your holiday if you're not renting a car. It'll still be possible to go wherever you want, just might take a bit more effort than a similar trip in Europe would. Are you staying on International Drive? If so, you could probably get some sort of shuttle bus from the Airport.
    Thanks for the information about the rides It is universal I'm going to rather than Disney so that will be great.

I'm not staying on the international drive but will look into properly planning the bus times if they're not regular, I never realised this. Thank you!

(Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    A taxi from the airport will probably cost you around $50. There are bus services from some hotels and parks to the airports. I know Disney has many free bus services, but I'm not so sure about Universal.

I used to live in Orlando when working for Disney, so I will be happy to help.
    Oh that's brilliant! Thanks for the rough estimate, if we were to split that between a few of us I wouldn't mind doing that as at least then we get directly to the hostel. Do taxis need to be booked or are there plenty of them outside of the airport?

(Original post by green chica)
    as far as traveling around NYC goes, how long will you be in NYC? cause if you're there for more than a couple of days, get the metro card that gives you unlimited rides for a week. especially if you want to go around a ton of different places in the city. but, if you're only there for 2-3 days or don't plan on using the subway much then just go for the normal card. also, i think they might give discounts to students (don't quote me on that) so you might want to check that out.

also, walking across the brooklyn bridge is amazing as far as views of the city goes, so you might want to do that.
    I'll be there 3 days+ probably. Haven't actually planned how long everything will take yet but the unlimited rides card does some like the best value for money. It's nice to have the option to be able to just jump on the subway (: I will look into the student discount too.

Thanks for the idea about brooklyn bridge too, it sounds like it has awesome views

(Original post by Circe)
    Greyhound is really cheap, but be aware that the stations are sometimes super sketchy. I definitely wouldn't go a long journey by bus like to Orlando. The scariest Greyhound journey I did was from Phoenix to LA, where the people were really creepy and loud. I've taken the bus from NY to DC, and it wasn't too bad... like, the station at NY is fine, and it's in a really convenient place, but at DC it was a bit dodgy. It's not like you'll definitely get murdered, but I'd just be careful if you're on your own. We booked in advance and it cost about $20 and the bus ride is 4 hours. Also, I'd definitely recommend getting the $5 priority boarding ticket thing, because they overbook pretty much all the time.

There's a pretty cheap hostel in Times Square, or so I've heard. If you're there, try entering the lottery for some Broadway shows (to get cheap tickets). Go to Dylan's Candy Bar to get frozen hot chocolate (we went to Serendipity, but there was a massive queue), and I'd definitely recommend the top of the Rockefeller Centre.

For food and stuff, I did it on a really tight budget. Costs are pretty much the same as they are over here, maybe a little lower. When I was in LA, I had like $30 to eat for 4 days, and it was fine. Although of course costs are higher if you're eating in theme park restaurants and stuff.
    Yeah I got told about the dodgy bus stations which is what has put me off them to be honest. I think I'm set on getting the plane down to orlando now. Any idea how much flights go up by closer to the time?

Do you know the name of the hostel in Times Square? I have one near Central Park but a back up place would be nice How do you enter the lottery for the Broadway shows? Is it similar to the westend ones where you have to go on the day and queue up?

Oh $30 for 4 days is cheap! I didn't consider using the hostel facilities, forgot they even had any, aha thanks for getting me to check it does have some. I assume that was you buying your own food and cooking it as opposed to eating out? What kind of things did you eat on that much if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circe)

Are the Greyhound buses really so bad? I'm about to book about 6 different trips with them over the course of a few weeks, the distances all being about 4 to 6 hours each. What you said about priority boarding is worrying, will we be okay if we turn up at the station really early or is it completely random? Surely if I have a ticket for a specific journey they can't turn me away, can they? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Are the Greyhound buses really so bad? I'm about to book about 6 different trips with them over the course of a few weeks, the distances all being about 4 to 6 hours each. What you said about priority boarding is worrying, will we be okay if we turn up at the station really early or is it completely random? Surely if I have a ticket for a specific journey they can't turn me away, can they? :puppyeyes:
    I have used greyhound many, many times for various journeys all over the USA. As long as you use common sense, you should have no problems. A few points to consider:

- Yes, the stations are usually in pretty bad areas, so for the love of God, don't decide to go for a scenic walk of the surrounding area - especially at night.

- If someone asks you to look after something for them (happened to me my first time. lol) just say no!

- Most people you'll meet at greyhound stations are perfectly friendly and very amiable. There are, however some people you'll probably want to avoid talking to. Luckily they're usually pretty easy to spot by sight alone

- With regards to the priority boarding pass...I never used it, but it may be worth it just for the peace of mind. Your call.

- I've heard that recently released inmates are given a one-way greyhound ticket to anywhere they want. Not sure if it's true...greyhound does have a reputation for being a "working class" form of travel, so it can be a bit of a culture shock.

- Turn up in plenty of time, but you don't need to be there for hours...I've done that and gotten so, so bored!

- Greyhound buses are really, really comfortable! One of the things I love about them...plus it's a good way to see the country and meet people - my last trip I got talking to two students, one who was American and another from Finland. Great way to pass the time

- Before you travel, get taxi numbers for each destination in advance, so you wont have to go wandering around looking for one when you arrive (see first point).

So yeah - good and bad points to consider. Personally I find it an enjoyable way to travel. If you enjoy people watching you'll have a ball. lol. It's not as cheap as it used to be, but still represents good value for money and as long as you're careful and sensible you'll have absolutely no problems whatsoever. If you've got any further questions, feel free to quote or PM me...if you let me know where you're thinking of heading, I may be able to tell you a bit more. Small chance, but you never know .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WolfSong2000)
    I have used greyhound many, many times for various journeys all over the USA. As long as you use common sense, you should have no problems. A few points to consider:

- Yes, the stations are usually in pretty bad areas, so for the love of God, don't decide to go for a scenic walk of the surrounding area - especially at night.

- If someone asks you to look after something for them (happened to me my first time. lol) just say no!

- Most people you'll meet at greyhound stations are perfectly friendly and very amiable. There are, however some people you'll probably want to avoid talking to. Luckily they're usually pretty easy to spot by sight alone

- With regards to the priority boarding pass...I never used it, but it may be worth it just for the peace of mind. Your call.

- I've heard that recently released inmates are given a one-way greyhound ticket to anywhere they want. Not sure if it's true...greyhound does have a reputation for being a "working class" form of travel, so it can be a bit of a culture shock.

- Turn up in plenty of time, but you don't need to be there for hours...I've done that and gotten so, so bored!

- Greyhound buses are really, really comfortable! One of the things I love about them...plus it's a good way to see the country and meet people - my last trip I got talking to two students, one who was American and another from Finland. Great way to pass the time

- Before you travel, get taxi numbers for each destination in advance, so you wont have to go wandering around looking for one when you arrive (see first point).

So yeah - good and bad points to consider. Personally I find it an enjoyable way to travel. If you enjoy people watching you'll have a ball. lol. It's not as cheap as it used to be, but still represents good value for money and as long as you're careful and sensible you'll have absolutely no problems whatsoever. If you've got any further questions, feel free to quote or PM me...if you let me know where you're thinking of heading, I may be able to tell you a bit more. Small chance, but you never know .
    Thanks so much! That's all excellent to know. I had no idea about the bus stations being out of the way though, assumed it would be like England where everything is pretty central and once you arrive in a city you can just stroll to a subway station and find your way to the hostel from there.

On the off chance you know the journeys/stations, the ones we'll be doing are:
    New York - Philadelphia
    Philadelphia - Washington
    Niagara Falls - Toronto
    San Francisco - LA
    LA - Las Vegas

The two in California are the ones I am most worried about as they are about 6 hours apiece, but if they are reasonably comfortable it shouldn't be a problem. Tbh it takes me about 7 hours all in to get from home to London by public transport via bus, train and tube and I do that trip pretty frequently so I'm not too worried about it I guess. All the routes I picked arrive in the afternoon so hopefully that eases the likelihood of stabbings but you never know :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much! That's all excellent to know. I had no idea about the bus stations being out of the way though, assumed it would be like England where everything is pretty central and once you arrive in a city you can just stroll to a subway station and find your way to the hostel from there.

On the off chance you know the journeys/stations, the ones we'll be doing are:
    New York - Philadelphia
    Philadelphia - Washington
    Niagara Falls - Toronto
    San Francisco - LA
    LA - Las Vegas

The two in California are the ones I am most worried about as they are about 6 hours apiece, but if they are reasonably comfortable it shouldn't be a problem. Tbh it takes me about 7 hours all in to get from home to London by public transport via bus, train and tube and I do that trip pretty frequently so I'm not too worried about it I guess. All the routes I picked arrive in the afternoon so hopefully that eases the likelihood of stabbings but you never know :beard:
    hhhmmm...can't say I've been to any of those reyhound stations, but have visited most of the places . You'll definitely want to be extra careful in Washington, LA and Las Vegas...can't comment on the others. Washington DC, as a city, is wonderful - one of my fav places in the states. Lots to do...best to go during the spring, as you have the cherry blossom festival and the weather is more bearable - it gets hot and humid in the summer. San Fran is a lovely city also...plenty to do, so make the most of it! LA...only passed through but hated it *shudders* and Las vegas I actually enjoyed more than I thought I would. It's worth going to Fremont Street...there's a really, really cheap hotel very close by...I forget the name but when I was there a few years ago it was one of the oldest hotels in Vegas. Dirt cheap, but the room was excellent. Be careful wandering around that area at night on your own, though...I went to see the lights at Fremont street, but didn't stay out long as I didn't feel too safe. It's slightly better on the strip, but i wouldn't recommend spending more than a few days in Vegas.

Going by my own experiences, if it were me I'd be looking to spend the majority of my time in San Francisco and Washington, with a few days for Vegas. I'd also avoid LA all together as transport is a pain in the backside unless you have a car.

Heck, if it were me I'd be flying to Toronto, then Niagra Falls followed by Philadelphia, New York, Washington DC...then I'd work my way down the East coast through the Carolinas and go West through to New Orleans and Nashville, Tennessee...visited all those areas except South Carolina and New Orleans and would highly recommend it. I'd then probably fly from Atlanta to the west coast and take in San Francisco, San Diego and Yosemite (done all of those, all worth a visit!).

Also, 6 hours on a grehound bus is infinitely doable...I think my record was close to 20ish hours on a bus. 5 days on a train (sans sleeper carriage - *never* again! lol). The trains (Amtrak) are good, though, and a more comfortable alternative for longer journeys, but they're more focused on the east coast. as i already said, the buses are really comfortable, and on the longer journeys they stop at gas stations to allow people to stretch their legs, get a drink/some food, etc.

But yeah - please, please, please don't treat American cities like British ones. It is incredibly easily to wander into a really, really bad area - from personal experience Washington and Las Vegas have been the worst for this for me. Ask at each hotel/hostel you stay at if they have a map and/or can verbally mark out/recommend places to go and places to avoid. If you're not sure where you're going, organise a cab (ideally in advance so you can be sure it's legit). There are certain places you just do not want to be walking around in, even in broad daylight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WolfSong2000)
    hhhmmm...can't say I've been to any of those reyhound stations, but have visited most of the places . You'll definitely want to be extra careful in Washington, LA and Las Vegas...can't comment on the others. Washington DC, as a city, is wonderful - one of my fav places in the states. Lots to do...best to go during the spring, as you have the cherry blossom festival and the weather is more bearable - it gets hot and humid in the summer. San Fran is a lovely city also...plenty to do, so make the most of it! LA...only passed through but hated it *shudders* and Las vegas I actually enjoyed more than I thought I would. It's worth going to Fremont Street...there's a really, really cheap hotel very close by...I forget the name but when I was there a few years ago it was one of the oldest hotels in Vegas. Dirt cheap, but the room was excellent. Be careful wandering around that area at night on your own, though...I went to see the lights at Fremont street, but didn't stay out long as I didn't feel too safe. It's slightly better on the strip, but i wouldn't recommend spending more than a few days in Vegas.

Going by my own experiences, if it were me I'd be looking to spend the majority of my time in San Francisco and Washington, with a few days for Vegas. I'd also avoid LA all together as transport is a pain in the backside unless you have a car.

Heck, if it were me I'd be flying to Toronto, then Niagra Falls followed by Philadelphia, New York, Washington DC...then I'd work my way down the East coast through the Carolinas and go West through to New Orleans and Nashville, Tennessee...visited all those areas except South Carolina and New Orleans and would highly recommend it. I'd then probably fly from Atlanta to the west coast and take in San Francisco, San Diego and Yosemite (done all of those, all worth a visit!).

Also, 6 hours on a grehound bus is infinitely doable...I think my record was close to 20ish hours on a bus. 5 days on a train (sans sleeper carriage - *never* again! lol). The trains (Amtrak) are good, though, and a more comfortable alternative for longer journeys, but they're more focused on the east coast. as i already said, the buses are really comfortable, and on the longer journeys they stop at gas stations to allow people to stretch their legs, get a drink/some food, etc.

But yeah - please, please, please don't treat American cities like British ones. It is incredibly easily to wander into a really, really bad area - from personal experience Washington and Las Vegas have been the worst for this for me. Ask at each hotel/hostel you stay at if they have a map and/or can verbally mark out/recommend places to go and places to avoid. If you're not sure where you're going, organise a cab (ideally in advance so you can be sure it's legit). There are certain places you just do not want to be walking around in, even in broad daylight!
    Awesome, will try and factor in your top tips whilst I'm sorting out a schedule

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, will try and factor in your top tips whilst I'm sorting out a schedule
    Well, if you're in the States in early June, my own top tip would be going to the CMA music festival in Nashville...it's a country music affair, so may not suit all tastes, but there's so much free stuff going on/to do, and it's like a week long party! Nashville's still an amazing place even when that's not going on as you get all kinds of awesome live music from just about every genre you can imagine...and the Coyote Ugly bar there has a 60 foot long bar. Good times

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.