Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I got my RAF regiment fitness test on monday and of course I have been training, I can do the 1.5 mile in 9:47 but im abit concerned that I might fail on the treadmill since I haven't training on them. Also what speed will get my to pass the 1.5 mile in about 10 mins or less but I dont wanna be going to fast because I might get a stitch and then im fudged.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you can run it outside, you'll be fine on a treadmill - it is easier.

ReputationRep:
    ok but i was just thinking because outside you can slow down and speed up but on a treadmill you gotta go at a set speed

ReputationRep:
    treadmills can also be slowed down and sped up...

ReputationRep:
    but then I would panic and either go to slow or too fast to catch up with the time iv lost and get a stitch

ReputationRep:
    surely you got some free day membership vouchers for a local gym when the PJFT was booked. Why not go and get some practice in beforehand

ReputationRep:
    Actually treadmills are easier to run on, running on the streets you have to use much more energy to push your whole body foward wheras on a treadmill you just bounce up and down, obv you are still working out on a treadmill but you know what i mean, put it this way..... outside you move over the ground = exert more energy, on a treadmill the ground moves for you = exert less energy. You will be fine and the best of luck

ReputationRep:
    14.8kmh will get you nicely under 10

ReputationRep:
    yeah man think about it. you need to work on your SDT calculations. work out where your at after 0.5 miles etc and see if you need to speed up. To be fair I get bored as hell on a treadmill and do SDT calculations to pass the time lol.. sad but true.

for a note, surely you need to get it under 11minutes 11seconds?
    Thats what mine was. Correct me if I am wrong somebody!

But in my opinion, if you can do it in 10 minutes, aim to do it in 10:30... you can always sprint towards the end if you still have a bucket load to give (like I did) but equally your giving yourself a buffer zone of 30 seconds... why run your body at 90% when you can run it at 85% and you get no 'brownie points' at the PJFT stage for being extra fit... Save it for your PRTC and shine then

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.