Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I am currently studying for the AS. I am retaking the Human paper (Managing change in Human Environments). I also am working towards the physical paper. My teacher is really bad, and seems to be missing large sections from the specification (which I've only just got).

Can anyone offer any advice? I've asked the teacher, but he's hopeless. So I am on my own. I don't know what key terms I need to revise (the specification says I need to use key terms to get my marks). Where can I find these? I also need to get more case studies, as the one he's given are lacking detail or context!

Is there a website, book or other resources? What I really need is something that is going to make it CLEAR what it is I have to learn. A key text, perhaps? I've downloaded some past papers. I can't think of anything else to do. I really would appreicate your help.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Similar situation with me, but I'm A2 now! My teachers haven't taught us hardly anything from the specification or the book, and we have complained and complained. Teacher now on maternity leave, we're sorting it out ourselves!

I would say definitely make sure you have the text book specific for your exam board. It should be OCR Geography by Jane Dove and others, it's green Look it up, I'm sure amazon will have it online. I used that for AS, managed to get an A, and 100/100 in the Human paper so it can't be too bad, but there are other books out there It is for the OCR exam and therefore you should be able to find everything you need to know it in. Study it religiously, make notes, revision cards, do practice papers, whatever it takes.

With the human one especially, chuck a case study in wherever you can There was one essay about transportation and its management blah blah blah, something like that, and I had nothing specific, but put in about a billion names of cities and it seemed to work! :P Use case studies as your evidence, try and keep your essays to the point evidence explain analyse link structure used in other subjects.

And about case studies, a lot of it can be found online, searching through articles and the like. You go up levels for using relevant case studies, and the more up to date the better. I've used Japan for a lot of this year, as it's an economic miracle for my Development and Inequalities topics, but the earthquake and tsunami are also good for my Earth Hazards topic. I made a booklet and gave it to everyone else in my class, seeing as our teacher does **** all!

Good luck and sorry you're in the same situation as us, doing it all yourself! But think how proud you'll be after when you did it all yourself

ReputationRep:
    Download the specification, find case studies surrounding each one.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 8, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.